• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Me 262 A-1a/U4

Thanks everyone. Cockpit done. Realized I have to do the interior RLM02 so I guess thats next. Working on engines also. No effort being done though as they will be buttoned up so adding all the exyta detail is kind of a waste.

DSC05190.JPG

DSC05189.JPG

DSC05191.JPG

James

I'm liking this James, I got myself a 262 in 1/32nd. It's the Hasegawa kit though.

Laurence watching and learning :popcorn

Sweet looking cockpit James!

The bottom of the cockpit tub and wheels wells on most Me 262's were unpainted, RLM 02 was being greatly reduced in the manufacture of new built aircraft in the last few months of the war because the service life of most Luftwaffe machines was usually just a few weeks after reaching their assigned squadrons. The later the production date of the Me 262 the less chance of the airframe interior having RLM 02 in them.

Matrixone

Yeah, I just wanted to do something different. Seeing as I have never really like the scheme these flew in I figured I'd do a what if scheme. So going along those lines this could be one that has been converted from an earlier model. Still not too late for me to do an aluminum one, see how I feel about it in next few days. Mean while I got the engines done. Didnt use the pe pull cord on the nose cones of the engines and made them out of fine wire twisted around a small drill bit.
Tail cones were painted Tamiya dark iron and then I used Uschi blueing powder followed by Mig smoke. Not too bad I dont think.

DSC05193.JPG

DSC05195.JPG

DSC05196.JPG

James

I guess its actually steel, but looks like a blueing agent to me. I started using thiis on my parabellums and liked it.
http://shop.lastcavalry.com/uschi-van-der-rosten-metallic-polishing-powder-steel/
Might get the other two as well
James

Back