• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Me 262 A-1a/U4

jknaus

Administrator
Dont know if I can do this but will throw my hat in the ring with a 1/32 Trumpeter Me 262 A-1a/U4.

Pulkzerst%C3%B6rer.jpg

DSC05143.JPG

DSC05144.JPG

DSC05145.JPG

James

Dont know if I can do this but will throw my hat in the ring with a 1/32 Trumpeter Me 262 A-1a/U4.

Pulkzerst%C3%B6rer.jpg

DSC05143.JPG

DSC05144.JPG

DSC05145.JPG

James

Another Schmitt into the fray . Can't have too many (y)

Of course I often wonder why everyone wants to have the big gun :rotf

Cheers, Christian B)

Not got as much done as I had hoped. Seat belts almost all installed. They are the Fine Molds ones and I quite like them. Added a 1.5mm piece of tape to the rudder pedals. Could not master a buckle and it will be hard to see anyways. Unfortunately I forgot to drill out all the lightening holes in the heel. Oh well wash should fix it. Nose cut off and then new cowling taped on to check it out. Should ve a nice easy conversion. Soon to paint cockpit.
Canopies all given a soak in future and put away to dry.

DSC05173.JPG

DSC05174.JPG

DSC05175.JPG

DSC05177.JPG

Comments and critiques welcome.

James

Watching this one intently! I have a trumpeter 1/32 -262 in the stash. Hoped to bring it out for this campaign, but alas the model bench won't be reconstituted until the summer. :unsure:

:popcorn
Mike

One of their best. Finished one a few years ago but the pilots at work played with it and broke it. I have 2 or 3 more to do including another conversion to do a glass nosed bomber.
You'll love the kit.
James

One of their best. Finished one a few years ago but the pilots at work played with it and broke it. I have 2 or 3 more to do including another conversion to do a glass nosed bomber.
You'll love the kit.
James

Just like the pilots I remember . They always broke the airplanes .

Cheers, Christian B)

Not got as much done as I had hoped. Seat belts almost all installed. They are the Fine Molds ones and I quite like them. Added a 1.5mm piece of tape to the rudder pedals. Could not master a buckle and it will be hard to see anyways. Unfortunately I forgot to drill out all the lightening holes in the heel. Oh well wash should fix it. Nose cut off and then new cowling taped on to check it out. Should ve a nice easy conversion. Soon to paint cockpit.
Canopies all given a soak in future and put away to dry.

DSC05173.JPG

DSC05174.JPG

DSC05175.JPG

DSC05177.JPG

James

Wow, strange fit on that nose :idonno Anxious to see how you master that .

Cheers, Christian B)

You'll love the kit.
James

Cheers, Christian B)

:rotf :rotf You break it, you fix it!

Looks good so far James, don't let the little details hang ya up, like you say, can't see it no how. :popcorn

You'll love the kit.
James

Cheers, Christian B)

:rotf :rotf You break it, you fix it!

Looks good so far James, don't let the little details hang ya up, like you say, can't see it no how. :popcorn

I've actually heard of that taking place with some Nato allies . As much time as we spent keeping them flying, they could have shown a bit of respect. :smack

Cheers, Christian

Okay I got a little done today. Working on cockpit, cut out supports on lower fuse where the panels go with chutes for the guns. Those panels will be replaced with new ones for the new nose wheel bay and gear. Because of the size of the weapon the normal backwards retracting nose wheel would not fit. It was replaced with a backwards retracting and twisting gear so the wheel fit in flat. Cleaned off the gun and dry fit it. Not much else. Need to wash the pit and add a few more things and then I can carry on.

DSC05182.JPG

DSC05183.JPG

DSC05184.JPG

DSC05185.JPG

DSC05186.JPG

James

Back