• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

MasterBox 1/72 Mk I Female 03.10 DONE

Thanks for following guys! :drinks

This little tank is done :)

IMG_72441.JPG

IMG_72451.JPG

IMG_72461.JPG

IMG_72471.JPG

IMG_72481.JPG

MasterBox 1/72 Mk I Female 03.02 upd

Mighty fine Roman. General question, what's the thing it's towing?

The "tail" was intended to assist steering. The heavy steel wheels were attached to a carriage that was free to move vertically allowing the wheels to follow the terrain. Several heavy springs kept the wheels firmly pressed against the ground. There was a hydraulic ram that could lift the tail clear of the ground if they were pivoting the tank using the skid steer system. There was a steel cable that ran from the driver's steering wheel which controlled the lateral movement of the carriage. Under ideal conditions this system had a 30 yd turning radius. Operationally, there were many problems with the system and led to its removal from Mk.I tanks by the end of 1916 and it not being fitted to the later models. The control cables were subject to stretching and slipping off their guides, jamming and locking the tail in one position, the physical strain on the driver to overcome the down pressure on the wheels, failures within the hydraulic ram system not allowing the tail to be raised, and the tail was very susceptible to damage from shell-fire. The one big advantage to the tail was it allowed the Mk.I to cross a wider trench as the tail supported the tank past its balance point and reduced the chance of "tail dive".

Cheers,
Rich

Roman.

...you did a great job on this small one...it looks extremely realistic...congratulations :good:

:drinks

Luiz

Awesome! I really love the camouflage pattern on this. You really dirtied it up well too. These Master Box kits are looking good; I do need to add a few to my stash.

Back