• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Marder III 7.62

Okeedokee
The gloss and light brown wash are on.Now for the fun part.:blink
Winter camo. I ordered some MIG white wash. I am going to test that out,along with another thing or two on an old
Tamiya M3 Stuart first. Any ideas on how to weather the interior?
mar11.jpg

DSCN1374.jpg

Sorry Chad, missed this update when you posted it. I'm a fan of the Migs washes now so I would just layer a couple of them on the inside with some dry brushing of the base color and light chipping. But I don't know what i'm doing so you may want to wait for others...

Tony, I think Chad was asking about general weathering on the inside, not whitewashing.

Chad your experiment looks ok, I think you'd want a more washed and worn down effect on the upper surfaces.

Sorry Chad, missed this update when you posted it. I'm a fan of the Migs washes now so I would just layer a couple of them on the inside with some dry brushing of the base color and light chipping. But I don't know what i'm doing so you may want to wait for others...

Tony, I think Chad was asking about general weathering on the inside, not whitewashing.

Chad your experiment looks ok, I think you'd want a more washed and worn down effect on the upper surfaces.

Thanks Bob.

Winter camo is still a bit scary for me. :side: I have the MIG white wash wash thing.Not sure how well that would work.

Wish I could help ya, I've never tried one before. But I'm a new fan of Migs working with their stuff lately so I think you got one of the best products out there to try it out with.

I think more is needed Chad, not that I have ever tried this but shouldn't this be more of a worn look, like rubbed off?

I think more is needed Chad, not that I have ever tried this but shouldn't this be more of a worn look, like rubbed off?

Yeah.I was thinking of the hairspray method,but I tried masking off the interior.It was too much of a pain. I am going for a worn look.I don't think it looks too
awful................yet

The Whitewash is an enamel right? are you on a acrylic base? Just whitewash it and come back with a brush with enamel thinner on it and rub the whitewash off. Do it sort of a drybrush with thinner. I've been playing with that on some of the armor stuff i've been doing lately. Not saying it's the way to do it but it's the thing that's been working for me lately.

BTW, it's far from awful, looks fine to me, just looks like the whitewash has been scratched off instead of worn down over the months of winter.

The Whitewash is an enamel right? are you on a acrylic base? Just whitewash it and come back with a brush with enamel thinner on it and rub the whitewash off. Do it sort of a drybrush with thinner. I've been playing with that on some of the armor stuff i've been doing lately. Not saying it's the way to do it but it's the thing that's been working for me lately.

BTW, it's far from awful, looks fine to me, just looks like the whitewash has been scratched off instead of worn down over the months of winter.
:bang head

Acrylic base and acrylic white. Ah well.I needed to do some experiments anyhoo.

Looks like what some GI out in the field would do with a limited amount of whitewash and in a hurry to me.
Very effective looking.

Tony lee

I added some more white.Also stared to dirty her up. Brown wash?

mar15.jpg

mar16.jpg

mar17.jpg

A bit overboard on dirtying the interior.

mar18.jpg

ZOD,

Cool Marder !! I don't think you can get too Dirty !! In fact I'd personally add some more pigments to th crew compartment. Fo' Reals Playa' !! Also I really Dig th Chalked "White Wash" ! Very Realistic !! I have a few pix of some Panzers with this same Chalked Camo !! Great Job !!

hello!
nice!
but the winter wash on the gun is not real, you should remove it, because the heat of the gun when firing, melt it.. ;)

Back