• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Marder III 7.62

The Zod

Finally joining this build. Not sure if I will be brave enough to try a worn winter scheme.
mar1.jpg

mar2.jpg

This kit, in 1/35 scale, sits in my stash, I'll follow along. Best wishes!

ready for primer. I am leaving off the other road wheels,sprockets,idlers,and tracks for easier painting.

mar3.jpg

Wow that was fast!

(y)

Well,I am on my second day off from being out on the road for a little over three weeks.:D Plus not adding any AM stuff makes for a fast build. Now to figure out paint scheme.Panzer gray for sure.not sure about winter white coat.

Finally had a break to get her painted and the tracks on.
mar4.jpg

Tamiya,I love ya.But I really wish your 1/48 tracks were engineered a wee bit better. On both sides,I had to cut part A2
in half so the tracks would fit perfectly.

The pen mark shows where.
mar5.jpg

Not to figure the best method for winter white. I don't want to use the hair spray method,as it is an open topped
vehicle. Masking the fighting compartment looks to be a hassle.

Decals and gloss on. I will be doing a white wash camo. What would be good for the pin wash? brown or black? I guess I add the wash first?

CHAD,

Rockin' right along !! Looks Great .. I can't wait to see th White Wash either !!!

Chad - IMHO - I would wait till after th W.W. before giving it a pin wash ... MIG USA - Shadow Brown ... or Raw Umber Oil paint.It will give it that Dark Russian earthiness all th Kids are craving these days ! :D

Back