• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Maddog Armor Manufacturing 2013 Production Line

Okay, just a small Christmas update for this Christmas Eve. I didn't get too much done, but there is a variety here that I can show.

First model is this horse drawn machine gun trailer. I did a little dry-brushing and preliminary weathering and added a little P/E to it:

WIP_FirstBlood_GB_XIVa.jpg

Here it is with the horses:

WIP_FirstBlood_GB_XIVb.jpg

Since then, both the horses and the wagons have been given a wash.

Moving along, here's my Russian TOS 1 MLRS. I got all the hull detail parts added, and even added the extra parts to the metal lower hull:

WIP_Russian_TOS_IV.jpg

I also made this so that the rocket launcher can be raised, just like on my ACE TOS-1A:

WIP_Russian_TOS_V.jpg

And a rear shot showing the extra parts added to the lower hull:

WIP_Russian_TOS_VI.jpg

So now this thing is ready for paint. So why wait? Here it is with the Dark Green basecoat:

WIP_Russian_TOS_VII.jpg

WIP_Russian_TOS_VIII.jpg

The TOS-1 has also received a wash now as well, and I even washed the British MICV Warrior that has been languishing on my bench while I try to find the decals and instruction sheet again.

Okay, as I said; a small update for now. Maybe after Christmas when things slow down a little, I'll be able to finish some of these models. I also got some progress done on some aircraft, feel free to check into the Wesendorf Field for more. Meanwhile, thanks for looking in, comments are welcome.

Had to do a little catchin up :soldier ......You is da Model buildin Machine Man (y) nice paint work on those gaming tanks :drinks

Gaming tanks? OH! You went that far back! Cool! Thanks for the compliment, the guy I did them for was very pleased.

Thanks very much for the compliment, I appreciate it very much. I hope to get some more done soon. Stay tuned!

Duke, those are some really nice looking pieces. You have done a nice job getting them finished for the holiday. Merry Christmas to you and yours, and a Happy New Year as well my friend.

Dave

Thanks Dave! I'm sorry I didn't see this earlier. I have a couple more finished and hope to get them posted here soon.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you as well.

Hey everyone! Happy New Year!

Here's a small update to close out this factory line for 2013. Not too much got done, but I managed to finish one, and another one I got so fed up with fighting that I'm declaring it done.

Here's what is still in progress as of the end of the year.

Here is my Russian TOS I MLRS all decaled, washed and drybrushed. She's looking factory fresh here:

WIP_Russian_TOS_IX.jpg

WIP_Russian_TOS_X.jpg

You can see here how I modified this so the launcher would raise:

WIP_Russian_TOS_XI.jpg

This one also got done already as well. After those pics above were taken, the crew took her out for a spin. I got pics of her after their inaugural drive in my finished armor thread. The crew was even nice enough to park her next to the other TOS I Buratino that I'd finished earlier in the year. Feel free to check it out.

And finally, I started a new model: Dragon's StuG 42 for a StuG campaign here on these Forums. I didn't get far this year; only got the wheels, drive sprockets and idlers on the lower hull:

WIP_StuG_GB_iI.jpg

And that closes out my Manufacturing Thread for 2013. It's been a great run, especially when I was building Dora; hopefully 2014 will see me increase my output to it's usual level.

Thanks for the great ride guys, comments are welcome. I look forward to starting up a new 2013 Thread next year!

Back