• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Maddog Armor Manufacturing 2013 Production Line

Duke:

Those are some really interesting little pieces. It must be different after working on Karl and Dora. They are nice.

Dave

Thanks Dave! Yes, they are quite different than the Dora alright. Some of these are much simpler, and yet more challenging than Dora in other ways due to the large amount of cleanup, fitting and sanding that needs to be done.

Thanks again for posting. It's always a pleasure to see your posts.

Hey all! For awhile there my PC was not working so I had no access to post any photos on here. So, while waiting for the thing to get fixed, I got quite a bit done on several projects. Now that I have the PC back; I'm going to get all these posted today, hopefully before my flu meds kick in.

I got a little done on some aircraft as well, feel free to check it out in Wesendorf Field. Now here is my armor.

First off, I painted a camouflage pattern on my Nutrocker hovertank. It's pretty basic as you can see here. If anyone has any ideas for spicing that up, let me know:

WIP_Nutrocker_IV.JPG

Next up, I added the windows to my Tilly and closed up the cabin:

WIP_Tilly_III.JPG

After all that dried, I finished up the assembly and basic painting:

WIP_Tilly_IV.JPG

Earlier in the week, I finished the assembly on the Iraqi M-3 APC; all except the final detail parts:

WIP_Iraqi_M3_APC_III.JPG

Then I painted on a Dark Tan basecoat:

WIP_Iraqi_M3_APC_IV.JPG

Now I can see better where I still need to adjust seams and such. I'll get those done before I move along on this.

Next, for something different, I pulled out my two WC-360 engines and completed painting the interior. I had to guess on a lot of the details since Trumpeter doesn't give any color call outs for the interior. I'm pretty pleased with the final result:

WIP_WC_360_Locomotive_V.JPG

After finishing that up, I closed up the cabins and finished the assembly of the engines. Here they are, fully built and ready for paint:

WIP_WC_360_Locomotive_VI.JPG

In between all these different projects, I was also working on my Russian TOS-1 Buratino. I decided that I wanted the launcher box to articulate, so I started by drilling holes in the two tabs underneath the box:

WIP_TOS_1_Buratino_IV.JPG

Then I drilled a hole in the end of the lifting rod:

WIP_TOS_1_Buratino_V.JPG

I then put these together with a small section of copper wire that I later cut to size and super glued in:

WIP_TOS_1_Buratino_VI.JPG

I was careful to keep the CA glue from the lifting rod and so I was successful in making this elevate as seen in the following three pics:

WIP_TOS_1_Buratino_VII.JPG

WIP_TOS_1_Buratino_VIII.JPG

WIP_TOS_1_Buratino_IX.JPG

Later on, I painted the lower hull, than added the roadwheels:

WIP_TOS_1_Buratino_VIIIa.JPG

Here's a shot of it with the upper hull and turret dry-fit to the top of the lower hull:

WIP_TOS_1_Buratino_X.JPG

And finally, I started to paint the roadwheels:

WIP_TOS_1_Buratino_XI.JPG

And that's this week's update for now. I hope you enjoyed the factory tour. Thanks for stopping in, comments are welcome.

Hey all,

Another week and another small update on my latest progress.

I'll start with my armor models I've been working on.

I finally camouflaged the Tiger I from Zvezda and painted all the detail parts too. This one is ready for clearcoat and decals:

WIP_Tiger_I_Early_IV.JPG

I also camouflaged the Tilly from ACE. The paint is still wet on this model in these pics. She's also ready now for clearcoat and decals:

WIP_Tilly_V.JPG

WIP_Tilly_VI.JPG

Next up, I was going through my stash in my Hobby Room and found that I had a second OT-62 model:

WIP_OT_62_VI.JPG

I opened the box to see if it had the correct sprue for this model and found that it had:

WIP_OT_62_VII.JPG

You can see how much cleanup I gotta do on this. The tracks are worse!

Needless to say, I got started on it right away and managed to get all the torsion bars installed; the turret completed, and most of the major detail parts added:

WIP_OT_62_VIIII.JPG

Finally, I managed to get more done on the Dora. I started with the ammo carts that are used to move the shells:

WIP_Dora_Railgun_XI.JPG

Next I started working on the ram that pushes the shells into the breech block. I had to add nine of those small rods you see at the bottom of this before moving on:

WIP_Dora_Railgun_XIa.JPG

Next, I built the final major assembly that was needed for this model. The two lifting rigs that bring the ammo up to the loading deck were installed on this model:

WIP_Dora_Railgun_XIIa.JPG

Now all the major assembly on Dora is completed. All that is left are the railings and the detail parts that I was afraid to install due to the delicate nature of most of them. Once they are done; I'll be able to paint this massive beastie.

Here are the obligatory shots of the fully assembled model:

WIP_Dora_Railgun_XIIb.JPG

WIP_Dora_Railgun_XIIc.JPG

That's all I was able to complete on my armor.

Well, that's all I had to show for this weekend. I got some progress done on two aircraft; pics are posted in Wesendorf Field. Thanks all for looking in, comments are welcome.

Another small update for this week. It ain't much but I'll have more to show after this Friday's Hobby Gathering.

Okay, on to my latest progress...

First of all, I managed to finish four models this week. You'll find them all in the Armor Forums

In armor, I painted a basecoat on the OT-62:

WIP_OT_62_X.JPG

Once that was dry, I installed all the roadwheels:

WIP_OT_62_IX.JPG

You can see the main gun on the turret is broken; this model seems to NOT want to be built! I've since fixed that, but then when it came time to add the drive sprockets, I found that one half of one of them was broken beyond repair and the other half of the other one was missing! I cannot catch a break with this stinkin' model!

Onward to one I could build.....

I painted the camouflage pattern on the Iraqi M-3 APC here:

WIP_Iraqi_M3_APC_V.JPG

After that was dry, I added most of the detail parts to this; added the wheels; gave it a glosscoat and then decaled it. After all that, I gave it a dullcoat, followed by a dark wash to try and bring out the details:

WIP_Iraqi_M3_APC_VI.JPG

WIP_Iraqi_M3_APC_VII.JPG

This little beastie is now finished; you can see it here in the Armored Fury Forum with the others that I finished.

Well, that's all the progress I have to show for this week so far. As I mentioned, I'll have more to show after tomorrow. I'm looking forward to it; I'll have the whole day for building models.

Meanwhile, thanks all for looking in, comments are welcome.

Good God, that Dora is HUGE!!! I wouldn't have any place to show it off. I can't see how you can shoe it, your Karl Morser, and both of those armored trains in andything but a display case. Wonderful job my friend.

Dave

Thanks Dave! Right now, I'm still kind of uncertain as to where this Dora will go. I have to get a few more models finished up so I have more room. As it is, I can only work on it at Hobby Days because I have no room in the Hobby Room.

And now, I have more to show....

Well, it's the day after Hobby Day and I got a lot done yesterday and today. Most of what I did at Hobby Day was to build some simple and easy kits to kind of "cleanse the system" so to speak. Today, I shot paint and clearcoat on anything that needed it and was ready for it.

Now for my Armor....

Back on Hobby Day yesterday, I only worked on a couple of armor models; both of which were fast and easy to assemble. One of them even got painted at Hobby Day!

The first one I started was the new Dragon 1/72 scale SAS Jeep that I recently picked up. I got the whole thing assembled, but kept the body disconnected from the chassis for easy painting later:

WIP_British_SAS_Jeep_I.JPG

The next one I started was another on of ACE's 1/72 scale 75mm pack howitzer. This one I made for my Marines. I got it assembled and ready for paint inside of 20 minutes. Later when it had dried for a few hours, I painted it up:

WIP_Marine_Pack_Howitzer_I.JPG

My apologies for the slightly blurry pic; this is so small my camera can barely see it! All that's left for this one is to weather it.

Today, when I was painting up my aircraft, I also got a few of my armor models coated. This first one is the TOS-1 Buratino that finally got the basecoat of green. Next up is the camouflage pattern:

WIP_TOS_1_Buratino_XII.JPG

After that, I shot the grey basecoat on the two WC-360 Locomotives that I'd had ready for paint. Next up is to detail those and get them finished:

WIP_WC_360_Locomotive_VII_.JPG

Finally, I figured that my Nutrocker hovertank had languished enough. I painted up the details on this beastie and then shot a coat of Future glosscoat over it in preparation for a wash and decals:

WIP_Nutrocker_VI.JPG

WIP_Nutrocker_V.JPG

And just for fun, I even tipped it over and gave it a drybrush of silver to highlight the bottom that you'll never see:

WIP_Nutrocker_VII.JPG

Well, that's all I got done so far this weekend. Maybe I'll get some more progress done on some of these tomorrow. Feel free to check out my Thread in Wesendorf Field to see what I also did on aircraft while these were drying. Meanwhile, thanks all for looking in, comments are welcome!

Just a small update this week.

I spent most of the time trying to go over everything on my Dora to get the small detail things put on that I was waiting till last to do. Meanwhile, in between all that; I got some other progress done on several other models.

First off, I'll start with a my two ACE armor models. On the OT-62, I found some drive sprockets from another OT-62 kit. They are slightly different than the ones I'd seen on the original sprues, but I'm tired of this thing fighting me and I used them anyway. They may not be the most accurate, but they fit, they are solidly glued on and they are staying:

WIP_OT_62_XI.JPG

Later on at Hobby Day, I took a few hours to install the tracks to each side of this beast:

WIP_OT_62_XII.JPG

While I was at it, I also installed the tracks on the Buratino as well. They went on easier than the smaller tracks of the OT-62:

WIP_TOS_1_Buratino_XIII.JPG

Now to get a camouflage pattern on that and the OT-62 and I'll finally be close to done.

Speaking of being close to done, I painted up my two WC-360 locomotives and then clearcoated them for decals. What really bites is that although the kits come with decals, there's no indicator on the instruction sheet or color callout sheet showing where they are supposed to go! The box ain't any help; it shows completely different markings than anything on the decal sheet. I guess I'm gonna have to wing it again....

Anyway, this one is going to be for the Leopold gun once I find it and build it:

WIP_WC_360_Locomotove_VIII.JPG

This one will be my other stand-alone display model:

WIP_WC_360_Locomotove_IX.JPG

And finally, I painted up my little SA Jeep with a basecoat and some other paint on select parts. Now all I have to do is build the guns for this and mount them; then I can camouflage it:

WIP_British_SAS_Jeep_II.JPG

The paint was still a bit wet when I took that pic.

Thanks all for looking in; comments are welcome.

Well, it's been awhile again, and I finally have something to show. I have quite a few pics of work I did on four models. All these are armor models so without further ado, here they are....

First off, I started to paint the camouflage pattern on the OT-62 when I happened to notice that there were a few detail parts that still needed to be added to this. Here's some of the more obvious ones attached, with the paint scraped off where the others are supposed to go:

WIP_OT_62_XIII.JPG

Here it is with all the detail parts and some stretched sprue grab handles attached:

WIP_OT_62_XIV.JPG

I'm really beginning to hate grab handles......

After that, I went to work on the little SAS jeep. I painted the lower chassis and wheels with Floquill Oily Black, then dry-brushed some steel over it:

WIP_British_SAS_Jeep_III.JPG

That chassis is upside down by the way.....

After that, there wasn't much else to do; so I decided to buckle down and finally get the tiny, delicate gun assemblies done. These were pretty tough to do given how small they were. Still, I got them assembled as best I could:

WIP_British_SAS_Jeep_IV.JPG

There are nine parts in each one of those dual gun mounts.

Later I painted the guns, I went to paint the remainder of the unpainted parts; but then I found out that I'd left the Jeep base color at home. Oh well, baby steps.....

WIP_British_SAS_Jeep_VI.JPG

Next, I figured it was time to finally get some progress on the general Staff bus I started some time ago. I had built the basic chassis and the dashboard but that was as far as I went before putting this back aside. Now I have the lower chassis completed, except for the engine which won't be seen under the hood:

WIP_Opel_Bus_Staffwagen_I.JPG

Roden made this kit so the front wheels are positionable:

WIP_Opel_Bus_Staffwagen_II.JPG

They also turn or spin so this bus will potentially roll. Anyway, it was time to move on...

I started to build some nice little furniture. Furniture for a bus? Yep!

WIP_Opel_Bus_Staffwagen_III.JPG

Now here are a couple shots showing the furniture all installed inside the bus, along with the radios, Enigma machine and even a typewriter! the floor is not quite cemented down to the chassis yet:

WIP_Opel_Bus_Staffwagen_IV.JPG

WIP_Opel_Bus_Staffwagen_V.JPG

Later on I'll do the windows and then build the body of the bus. I'm going to make this one grey just like the other one.

Finally, I wanted to do something simple, so I pulled out my WC-360 locomotives and added the decals. There were no callouts showing where they were supposed to go, and the box art showed markings that were way different than the markings on the decal sheet. So, I just winged it:

WIP_WC_360_Locomotive_XJPG.jpg

WIP_WC_360_Locomotive_XI.JPG

In another day or so, these engines will be finished. All I have left to do is weather them. Oh, the one with the red wheels is the stand-alone model; the one with the grey wheels will eventually be pulling my Leopold railgun once I find it and build it.

That's all I got done so far. I do hope you all enjoyed the pleasant little tour of the manufacturing plant. Thanks all for looking in, comments are welcome.

Thanks MP. I usually keep everything their respective boxes and only open those boxes when I'm working on that particular model. So far it's been working; except when I lose canopies from aircraft, or decal sheets.....

Once again I've had a pretty good Hobby Day weekend, despite the fact that allergies hit me full force on Saturday. I was still able to get some good progress done, including a couple models I started this weekend. All the started ones are aircraft, feel free to check them out in Wesendorf Field.

This is a small update as I only got a little done on a couple models. I started out the weekend by painting the camouflage pattern on the SAS Jeep. I also dry-brushed some metal on the guns. This little thing is now ready for final finishing; the next pics you see of this will be in a completed Thread:

WIP_British_SAS_Jeep_VII.JPG

WIP_British_SAS_Jeep_VIII.JPG

The next thing I worked on was my Opel Staff Bus. I did a preliminary painting of the interior. I didn't know what color they painted them , so I chose a light grey. Now that it's painted, I'll be trying to work on detailing this out more:

WIP_Opel_Bus_Staffwagen_VI.JPG

Okay, that's all that I have for this week, maybe I'll start getting some of these finished soon. There's more to see in Wesendorf Field, as well as a new project I started in "Let's be Civil"; feel free to check them all out if you wish.

Meanwhile, stay tuned and thanks for looking in; comments are welcome.

Wow, I finally managed to get my PC back into running order so I can go on and post some of the progress I've done over the last two months. I haven't gotten as much done as I wanted to since I now have a new kitten that I have to keep locked away from my other cat for awhile. My Hobby Room is that place. I can't get much done with the little guy always trying to play, so most all my work is done at Hobby Day now. Boy it sure feels good to finally be able to show my work again.

Okay, I'll start with some of the models I was working on while my PC was acting up.

I did complete a few of the armor models that had been shown in progress in previous posts; you can find their completed pics in the Armored Fury Forums here. Meanwhile, here's some of the models I'd been working on since....

This first one is the ACE TOS-1 Buratino. I finally pulled it down and painted on the camo pattern. I still need to touch up parts of it, but for the most part, it is done with painting. There are no decals for this model, so I was going to dig up some markings from my spares box to give this some identity. Then it'll be on to dull-coating and weathering:

WIP_TOS_1_Buratino_XIV.JPG

Next is my Opel staff bus. I dry-brushed the interior, and then decided I didn't like the grey. So, I took some RLM 60-something and painted the interior with it. It may not be accurate (I'm certain it is not) but I like the look better. Now to touch it up:

WIP_Opel_Bus_Staffwagen_VII.JPG

Then I went to add the clear acetate to the windows and found way too many sinkholes. I'd forgotten about those! So, I took some time to get them filled in and sanded smooth. Here's where I am today:

WIP_Opel_Bus_Staffwagen_VIII.jpg

Finally, here is a model I had stopped working on five years ago. Reason: I'd lost the decals! Well, while sorting through things, I finally found them! So, I immediately pulled this RPM H-39 down and applied them all to this little model. Here it is soon after all the decals had been applied:

WIP_French_H_39_I.jpg

Since that pic had been taken; I have since Micro-Sol'd the decals; washed, dullcoated, and weathered this little beastie so that I could add it to the finished list. You can see it there along with the rest of the finished armor.

Now on to a couple new armor projects.

This first new one is the Revell 17cm Morser artillery piece. I already finished it's cousin, the 21cm Morser, some years ago; I felt it was time to get this one done too. Here is the barrel and the beginning of the main carriage assembly. This is as far as I've gotten so far:

WIP_German_Morser_17cm_Gun_I.jpg

Next is a vehicle I picked up some time ago. This is the Trumpeter Warrior ICV(?) that is supposed to be the more advanced version of the Warrior FV432. This is actually almost fully assembled and is now ready for paint:

WIPBritish_Warrior_MRCV_I.jpg

And finally, this is an old PST Zis-5 truck I'm doing for the Softskins Group Build I'm doing on the Missing Lynx Braille Scale Forums. This is as far as I've gotten so far:

WIP_BS_Softskin_GB_I.jpg

And there it is. As I mentioned, I have several armor models completed that can be seen here in the Armored Fury Forums once I get them posted up. Feel free to check them out when I do. Meanwhile, comments are welcome, thanks all for stopping in!

Well, here's a small update for everyone. I spent a good two days working on these models.

In addition to the work I did on my aircraft, (see my post under Wesendorf Field) I got a little done on the Opel Staff Bus. The main body is painted; waiting for the window material and then assembly:

WIP_Opel_Bus_Staffwagen_IX.JPG

I also painted then British Warrior APC I'm doing. This one is very close to being done:

WIP_British_Warrior_MRCV_II.jpg

Finally, for two straight days, I airbrushed and airbrushed and airbrushed! It took all of two days of airbrushing, but now Dora is decked out in her little black teddy, waiting to be dressed up in her Sunday best:

WIP_Dora_Railgun_XIIIa.JPG

These are all the component subassemblies broken down for painting. It's getting close!

That's all the update I have in armor for now. I also got some progress done on several aircraft models as mentioned above. Feel free to check them out in Wesendorf Field. Hopefully I'll have more to show soon. Meanwhile, thanks all for looking in, comments are welcome.

Back