• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

M60A2 PATTON

It looks like your discussion with this tank was very convincing. You've convinced me it was an easy build since it looks so fantastic. Excellent work! Looking forward to more.

thanks duke. don't let looks deceive you . the directions were as clear as muddy water. knowing what I know now about this kit the next one would be easier.

Looks very good, looking forward to your painting skills I have two maybe three in the wings. I also have found that acrylics are the best, luv them just the sprays I'm using are lacquer. Be watching for more pointers. :soldier :popcorn

Man that is super-cool! I always thought that the Shillegah Missle system was very neat, too bad it was eclipsed but other systems like TOW

Swordsman I love to use lacquers as well. The trick is to use very light coats it will even work in high humidity. The secret to a good lacquer shine is to use a gloss base coat. I have a side project and if enough people want too see it I will do a sbs on shooting a chrome finish you can see your reflection in.

Swordsman I love to use lacquers as well. The trick is to use very light coats it will even work in high humidity. The secret to a good lacquer shine is to use a gloss base coat. I have a side project and if enough people want too see it I will do a sbs on shooting a chrome finish you can see your reflection in.

I'm all in for that!! Bring it on!

Ah, thank you. :v

I'll be watching if you're playing around w/ the metalizer paints. I've got a F-104 that I'm half tempted to try bare finish...but we'll see. :laugh:

I did a f-86 a while back in a natural finish. The trick is in the prep . Then use a good micro filler primer like alclad. Then use the base metal color in kiss coats. ( multiple light coats of very lightly misted paint} Then modulate panels in slightly varying tones and finally seal with a thin gloss . Once again my weapon of choice is alclad gloss. I even use their flat coat like a innercoat clear when doing multiple levels of masking.

got the u.s. army olive base on . next is the hard part doing the merdc theme.

hd99f9b4.JPG

h413b882.JPG

h1d41ece.JPG

Way to go Engineer! Looking good! Have you any Silly Putty or Blu-Tack? They make great masking agents for doing the complex curves of a MERDC scheme. I use it all the time to do mine.

Looking forward to seeing this in camo!

Back