• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

M60A2 PATTON

Yes im gona use blue tac on this because it is stffer than silly putty and I can flatten it out and exacto cut the shapes I want and then apply it

blue tac is on the areas where we want to retain the olive color

h52ef845.JPG

h285b164.JPG

h21211d5.JPG

hbd13ddd.JPG

Since we are doing a winter theme merdc white is the next color because white is easier to cover that other darker colors

he4bdc29.JPG

h5ea716b.JPG

h0e7876b.JPG

h89a5a15.JPG

Interesting.

Winter camo should be pretty cool. Can't wait to see it.

And sorry about the pun...it just kinda happened. On second thought...no I'm not. :laugh:

Now to finish off the winter merdc The black is hand painted . I use a black grey to do this . So now we have a winter merdc in a little more than a hour of bench time

h674565f.JPG

h347fda1.JPG

h21a8c15.JPG

h4ecbf7a.JPG

It is a rather fast kinda simplified sbs but hopefully it helps those who want to do a merdc theme

Swordsman I love to use lacquers as well. The trick is to use very light coats it will even work in high humidity. The secret to a good lacquer shine is to use a gloss base coat. I have a side project and if enough people want too see it I will do a sbs on shooting a chrome finish you can see your reflection in.

Kewl I just ordered some transparent Candy Apple Red, I have a MM silver metallic spray paint ready to spray my '61 Galaxy ... (y)

Nice paint job Dude !!! :soldier :soldier ... On the winter merdc was, that a brush or paint pen ?? I've been think of trying one of those ...

That turned out awesome! :woohoo:

I may have to get some of that stuff and experiment with it on an aircraft...

Looking good! I can appreciate why you like the blu-tack better. I like the Silly Putty myself because of it's flexibility in getting into tight areas. I do the same thing with my three-tone camo patterns. You can see mine if you look back far enough on the "What's on the Workbench" Thread.

Thanks for the step-by-step! I'm glad I'm doing it right after seeing this.

Thanks Guys yall are too kind. But since you have encouraged me I will keep the sbs coming on different topics. I tend to do things a little differently and a bit simpler. I also plan on coming back to the bergepanther this weekend and doing some molding and casting so stay tuned Im gona pull a couple tricks with the base work.

Got two coats of allclad gloss on in preparation for the next step. I don't usually do a gloss but in order to preserve the color integrity its necessary this time
h8f65360.JPG

h3318b55.JPG

For those who wanted a natural metal sbs . It is posted in the finish forum . Thanks for looking hope it helps. Questions ?

Thanks Ed. Don't encourage me too much. Its like feeding a stray dog . Pretty soon you give em a name then you going to the vet getting their shots ...... we can pass on the neutering part. Next thing you know your building a model house in the back yard . Then you never get rid of them. LOL :yipee

Back