• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

M551 Sheridan

Lookin goooooooooooood!
How do you like the kit?

Thanks Sherman.

The kit doesn’t have the same detail as the Dragon & AFV Club kits I have built before, but it’s real easy to put together & everything fits well, hardly used any filler putty. It was less than half the price of most kits I buy so I reckon it’s good value for money.

John! Nice Sheridan mate! the anti-Rpg on the front did you scratch build it or was it in the kit mate? Nice work the paint is looking good!

John! Nice Sheridan mate! the anti-Rpg on the front did you scratch build it or was it in the kit mate? Nice work the paint is looking good!

Thanks. I did scratch build the "anti-RPG" thing on the front, man I wasnt even sure what it was :blush: , I just copied it from a picture of "Hard Core 7" I'd seen on the web.

Put some decals on, a wash & some highlight dry brushing.

img_2744_1_20100923_1814038596.jpg

img_2745_2_20100923_1618344303.jpg

Just about finished the tank, now to start on the base for it! I’m still not sure what I’m going to do!
I put the tracks on, they were the worst part of the kit. The tracks in photos of the real thing have a bit of sag but the ones in the kit were like piano wire! Did the best I could with some super glue.

img_2783_1_20101010_1398115875.jpg

img_2784_2_20101010_1426879457.jpg

img_2786_4_20101010_1410535553.jpg

img_2788_6_20101010_1746701859.jpg

Nice job on the Academy Sheridan you have here. I'm also doing "Hard Core 7" - but used Jaguar Models' Sheridan for my project.

Jim

Ver impressive!

I once worked for a guy who was in the 82nd in the 80's still using the Sheriden. He said that after they took them to the range to test fire and qualify (take your face away from the sight when firing!) they had to check all the nuts and bolts on the tank and tighten them up!

Nice job on the Academy Sheridan you have here. I'm also doing "Hard Core 7" - but used Jaguar Models' Sheridan for my project.

Jim

Thanks Jim. I had a look at the Jaguar Kit on line & it looks like a very nice thing, much better than the old Academy kit. I hope your going to post some pics of it.

The Sheridan is looking mighty fine John :) I am wondering what you are doing with Imported US sex in a canoe beer when there is heaps better local stuff ?

The crew look mighty nice as well . :D

Jenny :kiss:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjETgKkavDc&feature=related

At about 3:10, you can see the darn thing fire and the front wheels come off the ground!

On a whole other note, at 2:11, why do those guys mis-pronounce the word "Aluminum?"

The Sheridan is looking mighty fine John I am wondering what you are doing with Imported US sex in a canoe beer when there is heaps better local stuff ?

The crew look mighty nice as well .

Jenny

Thanks Jenny.Sorry about the beer, I normaly have some XXXX goldies in the fridge but this stuff was on special at the local bottle shop so I thought I'd give it a go!

Back