• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

M551 Sheridan

I got myself an Academy Sheridan, some crew for it & a couple of grunts on order. So I thought this would be a good opportunity to have a go at my first diorama!
We get bit of time to get this done I hope?
img_2513_20100703_1786187393.jpg

img_2514_20100703_1729682009.jpg

img_2515_20100703_1064218766.jpg

Welcome aboard, John
It appears you have all the necessary tools, including an adult beverage.
Have fun!
DioRandy

John, your bench looks like mine! :laugh: You guys are making me interested in this GB!

$2.00 for a newspaper?? Has it been that long since I bought one? Thanks for getting in John, looking forward to seeing this.

I was thinking the same thing! The beer is cheaper! LOL I always thought this was an intresting vehicle. Good Luck, Ryan

The paper is the local Brisbane weekend rag, theres twice as much crap in it so therefore its twice the price of the normal weekly rag.

Hi there.

I'm curious about this kit because I have a long-stalled partly built Tamiya Sheridan and some modified Tamiya Armoured Troops as tank riders on it. I've posted some images of it (in my TnT album)that show some of the scratch-building I did on it of the stowage bins and the commander's mg armour.

IS your kit the old Tamiya Sheridan reboxed? Does it come with the mg armour and/or external stowage racks?

I'll be following your build with interest since my interest in Vietnam Era armour has been rekindled since I joined this forum.

Good luck and cheers from Peter

John Short wrote:
Peter
I'm not sure if it's the reboxed Tamiya kit but it does come with stowage bin & mg armour.

Hi there John.

The important thing is that you like the kit. I was wondering if it came with the rear armour for the commander's mg gun position. I had to scratch-build that armour for mine. I also scratch-built some additional stowage racks for the turret. I really should finish the tank riders that are on it.

I hope you have fun with your build. I'll be keeping an eye on your progress.

Cheers from Peter

Have got the lower hull basically finished & undercoated. Still got to put some mesh on the front & some tools on the back but that can wait till the turrets done.
img_2653_20100821_1260445224.jpg

img_2652_20100821_1112410978.jpg

img_2654_20100821_1429387282.jpg

Looks great John!! You seem to have the all basics covered.

Terry B)

Back