• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

M551 SHERIDAN

Did that extra armour on the 50 on the cupola come with the kit??

I always thought that type of armour was a more "modern or recent" addition to tanks??

Reactions: MrT
Did that extra armour on the 50 on the cupola come with the kit??

I always thought that type of armour was a more "modern or recent" addition to tanks??

Yes it did.

picture of the real deal in the Nam.

arizona-a29-11th.jpg

Looks Super cool Terry. :cool:
I really love this new Tamiya kit. Do they give you the wire mesh as well?
The extra Armour adds nice height and balances nicely with the skinny chassis on this design. I like the M113's with the extra .50 cal Armour bucket as well.:vgood:
Will you be adding a little variation though in the green base to break-up the homogenious effect the dry brushing gives to the OD? Plenty of panel detail to utilise edges and spaces in between plates.

Looks Super cool Terry. :cool:
I really love this new Tamiya kit. Do they give you the wire mesh as well?
The extra Armour adds nice height and balances nicely with the skinny chassis on this design. I like the M113's with the extra .50 cal Armour bucket as well.:vgood:
Will you be adding a little variation though in the green base to break-up the homogenious effect the dry brushing gives to the OD? Plenty of panel detail to utilise edges and spaces in between plates.

Yes it come with the wire mesh, but I'm not going to use it as they suggest. Yes I will be adding additional colors and affects to the model.

What's this I see!?!? Are you using the Kit tracks?:bm: Quick! Somebody take Terry's temperature! He must not be well!:hmm:

Back