• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

M4A3 Sherman 105mm

Built a fair few Shermans Mr. F, even won a couple of comps, but our Terry is still my 'go to' for US armour builds...

Happy to help later if you really want.

Best from NZ

Ian.

Hey Andy, glad to see ya Mate. Our pal Eric is in the process of setting up a Modelers Alliance YT Channel, maybe you can share with us there as well.

Yeah that's bit of a departure for you isn't it? :soldier

Hey Andy-this is a great model idea! I have been wondering if the older Tamiya Jumbo & Earlier ‘Short barrel’ Shermans were good kits. This will be interesting to follow!!

I have been wondering if the older Tamiya Jumbo & Earlier ‘Short barrel’ Shermans were good kits.

It all depends on what is meant by good. They are the simplest to build (can't expect anything less from Tamiya) but only the latest Sherman kits (76mm turrets) are completely revamped to be accurate and easy to build. So, if looking for fun... go for it! If looking for a plain base to do a LOT of detailing that was missed or mixed up, again either go for it or pickup some of the newer and far more accurate kits. It all depends o what you want to get out of the bench time.

Regards,

Back