• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

M4A1 SHERMAN "WIND HER UP AND LET'S ROLL"

M4A1 SHERMAN"LET THERE BE SHERMAN"

Terry.
What did you use for the weld beads,and did the chain for the caps come with the PE set?

Terry.
What did you use for the weld beads,and did the chain for the caps come with the PE set?

The weld bead around the cap is solder wire. The welds on the hitch are stretched sprue. That stuff that looks like chain is wire pulled out of a piece of wire mesh.

Terry B)

Terry.

The weld bead around the cap is solder wire. The welds on the hitch are stretched sprue. That stuff that looks like chain is wire pulled out of a piece of wire mesh.

Terry B)
May I please know where you got the wire mesh? I am home now,and I wish to see if I can get some.

Oh boy! I may have got it from VLS, but you might be able to find some from Verlinden or Squadron. You used to be able to get fine mesh at WestLake Hardware.

Ok it's update time. Received some new goodies on Saturday in the form of new markings for the M4. I'm going to try out some Archer's casting numbers. I also did some painting on the lower hull. See what you think.

Terry B)

DSC00362.JPG

DSC00363.JPG

DSC00364.JPG

DSC00365.JPG

DSC00366.JPG

DSC00367.JPG

DSC00368.JPG

Looking good Terry. :good: I will be building mine in a few weeks.

Thanks Chad!

Here are some more turret details.

Terry B)

DSC00369.JPG

DSC00370.JPG

DSC00371.JPG

DSC00372.JPG

DSC00373.JPG

DSC00374.JPG

Looks good! Those springs are getting better each time you make them. (y)

Terry.
Did you add the snaps for a canvas cover on the hull MG?

The turret is assembled and ready for paint. Those Archer casting numbers went on great!

Terry B)

DSC00375.JPG

DSC00376.JPG

DSC00377.JPG

DSC00379.JPG

DSC00380.JPG

DSC00382.JPG

DSC00383.JPG

DSC00381.JPG

Back