• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

M48A3

Sherman 18

Master at Arms
Well you all know I have some love affair with Shermans well this is my other one when it comes to tanks. M48 Patton. I really don't know why maybe because my first two armor builds were a M48 and a Sherman as a kid. This last weekend I was dusting off some of my built stuff to take to the club display this weekend, and I started to look this one over, and i had put a bunch of work into it. I built this Tamiya M48A3, might just be at the ten year mark. It was the first one I truly did some detailing on. Added hull casting texture, bolts to the fenders, search light mount on the turret, separate loader hatch springs and handles for the storage boxes, some turret basket detailing, adding welds and casting numbers. I even tried to do a Mod B version using the Verlinden update. I just never really finished it. I think it had to do with the fenders and head lights. On the fenders the "X's" did not turn out well. I remember using rod and having to file it down to make them half round and they are very uneven. I think this turned me off on finishing it, and got me started on doing the M48A3 I built with knocked off fenders. I started to think again "Hey why not play with some weathering on it, try some new Technics and get better at the ones I have been trying." As of tonight since I need to stay up so I can sleep during the day tomorrow and I'm to tired after working today to really do anything else other than zone out on the computer. I thought I would share what I have done with it so far other than break stuff off it :pinch:

After some dusting off
DSC08146_zpsb44d7fc6.jpg

DSC08147_zpsc33800a7.jpg

DSC08148_zpsfc7e43f1.jpg

DSC08149_zps43c47639.jpg

DSC08150_zpsc34a8af0.jpg

DSC08151_zpsa12ad1ae.jpg

Stared some mud, I'm using a "weather powder" I apply some water and then basically dump the power on it. The weather powder seemed to work on the Quad Tractor and the last Sherman. On both of those I was able to go back and airbrush in different colors, so I'll try that here also
M48weathering2_zps2e1dab43.jpg

M48weathering3_zpsdf635ce6_28129.jpg

M48weathering4_zps2c876847.jpg

M48weathering5_zpsb2a3ed94.jpg

M48weathering6_zps801e05ce.jpg

Shalom Jeff.

Is that a representation of an IDF Magach? I noticed the FN LMG on the turret loader's position and the .50 cal on top of the turret. Colour looks like IDF too.

Cheers from Peter

Oops! Larger view shows that it's an M-60 not an FN there. ;<(

This rocks! This tank is one of my all-time favorites; I have built several. I need to get a few more to try and do some of these mods you guys have done.

Way to go, looking forward to seeing more.

Back