• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

M38A1C

The Zod

AFV Club M38A1C.I will add USMC markings.I am adding a metal barrel.

M38-1.jpg

Dude, looks like you're about half way in on this build. Tell ya what, promise me you'll do another completely unbuilt kit for the Charlie Don't Surf before the end of the build and we'll not say anything to anyone about this, OK?

moon puppy wrote:
Dude, looks like you're about half way in on this build. Tell ya what, promise me you'll do another completely unbuilt kit for the Charlie Don't Surf before the end of the build and we'll not say anything to anyone about this, OK?

I did start to build it on the first.I wasn't able to post pix of it until today. :)

Alright then, but still, with a full year on this GB, we ought to be able to get another build out of ya. :mpup

moon puppy wrote:
Alright then, but still, with a full year on this GB, we ought to be able to get another build out of ya. :mpup

Oh yeah.I have the Academy M151A1 106mm recoiless rifle for my second part of da build. ;)

Got some moar building done.Lion Roar barrel.The RR barrel is a bit crooked.I had to put it up,before I lost my temper.That metal barrel is a bit of a pain to align up.

M38-2.jpg

M38-3.jpg

Chad,

From the looks of it, the sighting rifle's mount is causing the trouble. See how the spotting rifle is drooping far worse than the barrel?

I cam across this as well. I cut a ring of styrene tube (drilled out) and placed it under the front spotting rifle mount to remedy this.

Regards,

sharkmouth wrote:
Chad,

From the looks of it, the sighting rifle's mount is causing the trouble. See how the spotting rifle is drooping far worse than the barrel?

I cam across this as well. I cut a ring of styrene tube (drilled out) and placed it under the front spotting rifle mount to remedy this.

Regards,

Thanks for the tip Saul.I am debating on not to replace the Academy 106 barrel in the M151 version, This is a barrel where you need three hands. :silly:

The barrel in Academy's M151 is better than the one in the M113? I need to check that out myself. It seems simpler to just cut a ring between the LMD barrel halves and then cut/sand the front spotting rifle mount to match. Good old styrene bond too.

Regards and good luck,

General Zod wrote:
sharkmouth wrote:
Chad,

Regards,

Thanks for the tip Saul.I am debating on not to replace the Academy 106 barrel in the M151 version, This is a barrel where you need three hands. :silly:

Hey there General Zod!

If you want one, I can send you an AFV Club 106mm recoilless rifle with 8 rounds of ammo.

Box art here: http://www.militaryhobbies.ca/custom/productzoom/afv35021.jpg

Let me know if this will help you.

Cheers from Peter

Tankbuilder wrote:
General Zod wrote:
sharkmouth wrote:
Chad,

Regards,

Hey there General Zod!

If you want one, I can send you an AFV Club 106mm recoilless rifle with 8 rounds of ammo.

Box art here: http://www.militaryhobbies.ca/custom/productzoom/afv35021.jpg

Let me know if this will help you.

Cheers from Peter

Peter
Thank you for the offer.I do have a spare recoiless rifle at home. I am going to see if I can make this metal barrel look good first,before I use my spare barrel.
Thanks again. B)

Chad

Tamiya OD paint on.I still can't get that metal barrel looking right. When I get home next week,I will use the 106 from the anti tank set.

M38-5.jpg

General Zod wrote:
Tamiya OD paint on.I still can't get that metal barrel looking right. When I get home next week,I will use the 106 from the anti tank set.

M38-5.jpg

Hi there General Zod.

Is there any way you could put a length of tubing inside that metal barrel to align it?

Cheers from Peter

Tankbuilder wrote:
General Zod wrote:

M38-5.jpg

Hi there General Zod.

Is there any way you could put a length of tubing inside that metal barrel to align it?

Cheers from Peter

Peter

That may work.I just can't seem to align the forward and rear parts of the barrel. I will try once more.
Chad

My apologies for being away from this build for awhile. I thought I would not be able to use the kit decals,as the protective paper sheet had stuck to the edges of the decal sheet.:angry: Then I could not find the gun travel lock for a long time.Finally found it yesterday.:S

M38-6.jpg

Back