• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

M3 Stuart farm tractor- down under

Hi all it's been some time since I posted here, or even spent time at the work bench. I lost interest in some of the projects I had started and have a good half dozen models on the shelf waiting to be finished. After a month of not touching a model I found a picture that has got me going again.

Bits025.jpg

I had started the Academy M3 Stuart about 7 years ago and had planned on doing it as a wreck, but now I have a new use for it. I will build the model similar to the one in the pic. It will be a tank converted to a farm tractor in the land down under.

I'm sure it will be of interest to most of you. If any one has any pics of these types of tanks I would be very interested in seeing them.

I started on the lower hull this morning by lining the inside with sheet styrene and added a rough fire wall. I will post some pics as it progresses, not much to see at the moment.

Stay tuned...

Rob
www.scratchmod.com

Yep, that was the kick in the butt that I needed. I also have an old Tamiya Matilda that will be getting the same treatment and placed in a junkyard with a T55. AAAAHHHH the smell of rust, can't beat it.

Rob
www.scratchmod.com

I wan thinking more along the lines of a trailer (farm tractor that I thought it was)... unless it is for a mining operation?

Regards,

Not a bad idea too. I'm still in the planning stages and working on the interior so there is plenty of time to change or add to it. I would love to see more pics of vehicles like this, mainly as reference to what was done to them, and of course the rusting part as well.

Rob
www.scratchmod.com

e-mail me as I have three photos of a cable layer (in much better shape than this rust bucket) but I don't own the images so I won't post them simply because I don't recall where I got them from.

sharkmouth AT hot mail DOT com

Regards,

Awesome idea!
Everytime I visit the local Caterpillar dealership the equipment reminds of tanks, especially the tracked ones.
I'll be watching your progress for certain.
Randy

http://brittsbytes.com/Korea_1952/

There are several pictures of bulldozers in US service during Korea.
3-16-2006-15.jpg

here's one. That's my Dad

I suppose some of the technology would be installed in a similar fashion. Ironically these pictures were updated just last night.

Good pictures Adam, notice this convert has a hydraulic system installed. That would have been a major modification.

That is sooooo cool B) , looks like a candidate for salt and hairspray technique , way nice . Lets see a real kewl model . :)

Jenny :kiss:

Wow thanks Adam that is perfect for what I had in mind, only I'll do it as if it has been sitting out in the field a while. I'll have to figure out what the innards might look like.
Now I'm motivated to do that baby up.

Rob
www.scratchmod.com

Back