• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Lost A Furry Family Member

RichB

My girl Malakia of 16.5 years passed away quietly at 1230 am, sleeping on my chest watching movies. She adopted me when she showed up on my door step when she was about 3-4 months old. She had been fighting renal disease for the last year. Almost lost her back in June when she became very dehydrated, but she responded to IV fluids and since then had been getting 4 Sub-Q fluid injections a day plus her kidney medication. Over the last week she began losing weight rapidly, having trouble walking and losing interest in food and drink so it was only a matter of time. She joins two other members of the clowder that had passed earlier, Moses in 2017 and Ginger in 2020. Still have two, Simba and Jasper, to continue to spoil.

Malaika in her younger days.
20180414_101643 (800x610).jpg

Rich

Last edited by a moderator:
Rich, so sorry to hear about your loss. We have 2 cats who are the best cats and the worst cats possible, Freddie and Bruno (The Orange Overlords). Life without them would sure be different. Luckily, you still have 2 to share your lives with.

Fortunately, the loving memories last longer than the pain of loss. The cat was definitely loved, as Bob stated.

Regards,

Sorry, Rich. We have 3 cats in residence, and we have had the mostly pleasure of at least ten more who lived out their lives with us. It's always sad to lose one.

I'm so sad to see this, but it must have been great that she was able to pass while resting on the one who loved her so much. What a blessing to both her and you.

So sorry. Same thing/same way happened to my bestest boy-cat Tanker. Been a few years and still not over it

Back