• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Lord Have Mercy on My Solo...

Barney

This is, hopefully, the beginning of several subject based on the premiss that the Axis powers expanded their influence to Centraland South America... This is all based on a draft I wrote back when I thought I was a writer... :bang head

Back story to follow...

DSC00034_zps5cfe897f.jpg

DSC00031_zps271ca9de.jpg

A Arii F6F and the old Mongram P-51.

Rivet counters beware, I am not going for accuracy here... Comments and Suggestions are always welcome, unless you are being some old crow and have nothing positive to add... :coolio

Back Story

By mid-1942 high ranking members of the Nazi Party, realizing that the 1000 Year Reich would not survive that long, began the transfer assets (Cash, Gold/Silver, art work), purchase through third parties stock in American and Canadian companies, purchase property in several Latin American countries and move technology production to client fellow travelers. Meanwhile, knowledgeable members of the Imperial Japanese military and civilians, realizing that they have truly awoken a sleeping dragon, began doing the same. The Germans built their power base in Argentina, Paraguay, Uruguay, and southern Brazil; while the Japanese concentrated their efforts in Chile, Peru, Ecuador and Central America.

Both groups began to slowly expand their spheres of influence in their respective areas. The Germans, already strong in Argentina and Uruguay soon controlled both countries through bribes, intimidation and blackmail. Paraguay, being land locked, was given the choice of cooperate or be cut off from the outside. The Japanese were not so fortunate. Ecuadorian officials were strongly influenced by the United States and by 1944 had neutralized the Japanese in their country. Peru and Chile, eager to become major players in the region accepted the Japanese with open arms. To the extent that several major Japanese industrialist opened factories and began to produce war material.

Both Germans and Japanese began development of their most modern weapons systems in their allied countries. Unfortunately for them, the industries in those countries and the labor base were not initially equal to the task. The New Axis powers are unwilling to begin operations until they are fully armed and ready, therefore they are unable to assist in the war effort.

With the fall of their own empires to the Allies, the Axis puppet masters fled to the safe havens they had created and began to plan their future. By early 1947 these countries were joined in an alliance that combines their militaries and economies; similar to the cooperative sphere that the Communist establish in eastern Europe.

While The New Axis was planning and plotting, the United States formed alliances with other Latin American countries. Military installations are built or expanded across the north coast and along mutual boarders. Logistics depots are established in Brazil, Columbia and Ecuador. These countries are equipped with the latest military hardware from the US & UK. Other countries to a lessor extent are equipped for self-defense.

1948: Peruvian and Chilean forces begin coordinated air and sea strikes against Brazilian and Ecuadorian targets. Argentinian Forces strike northward into Brazil and harass the northern coast. The Soviet Union seeing an opportunity to cause further turmoil begins to ramp up operations in the area, especially in the Axis countries, in an attempt to destabilize sitting governments.

Both Axis powers turn their full focus towards hunting down and eliminating the communist threat.

This is just a brief outline that I was using to write a short story, back when I thought I was a writer… What follows will be purely fantasy. BUT… it gets me out of trying to be perfect with color schemes and national markings. It also allows me to have fun with this stuff… one of the big impediments, to me, has been the desire to do things not just well, but perfectly and I am not that good… Replace FUN with perfect and things happen.

So… The Bad Guys

Argentina (G)
Peru (J)
Chile (J)
Paraguay (G)
Uruguay (G)
Honduras (J)
Guatemala (J)

Neutral

Venezuela, French and Dutch Guyana

Back Again....

The move proved far more taxing than I though it would be. I have had a total of 55 mailing addresses... I should know how much effort it takes... HA!!!!!! :rotf

The Otaki models I was working on get messed up and I am just gonna pitch 'em and start anew....

Subject #1

hamp_zps2931980d.jpg

I am thinking Peru...

Back Again....

The move proved far more taxing than I though it would be. I have had a total of 55 mailing addresses... I should know how much effort it takes... HA!!!!!! :rotf

The Otaki models I was working on get messed up and I am just gonna pitch 'em and start anew....

Subject #1

hamp_zps2931980d.jpg

I am thinking Peru...

Barney, you're actually building something (y) (y) (y) .

My faith is restored . Marriage is agreeing with you :good:

Cheers, Christian B)

Sorry I missed that question Barny, you should have :smack me.

If you haven't started the kit yes. Since we're doing this for prize drawing and only completed kits are entered in the pool it has to be a kit not started.

:popcorn

hbd202c7.JPG

So, things are going well, until I discover that there is no canopy! Fortunately, I hae several other A6M kits to steal from...

Tomorrow, God willing, I will get a lot more done... between Singing at Church in the morning, IPMS John Glenn and then recognition of a newly formed church at 5 PM...

I am back at it... working on the Zeke... lost the damn propellor shaft. Pressing one....

Good to see you back fighting the plastic Barney!! :fencing

Interesting story and I love to see the rest of this build :)

Been thinking about a story for my tank to, the germans had a real plan to invade Sweden in 1943 so I have to think something up from that :hmmm

:popcorn

//Mats

Back