• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Leopard 2 A7 (Takom 1/72)

Sensational! It's amazing how many companies have come out with the -2A7. I just noticed the flag on the turret; I've never seen one of those on any of the kits I've built. Is that an exercise thing?

Sensational! It's amazing how many companies have come out with the -2A7. I just noticed the flag on the turret; I've never seen one of those on any of the kits I've built. Is that an exercise thing?

It is a range safety flag. A Green means weapons clear, no ammo on board, a Yellow/Orange flag means weapons clear, ammo on board, a Red flag means weapons loaded ready to fire.
A7V-12.jpg

When on exercise and using a laser training system (like MILES) there is a gunfire simulator mounted on the sloped armour to the left of the main gun that gives off a flash, bang and smoke when the main gun is "fired" giving away their position so they remember to shoot and scoot.
sim.jpg

Is it safe to assume this paint scheme is Canadian?
It's looking very tank-like! :good:

That is the NATO 3 colour scheme that the Germans use. Our A4, A4M and A6M variants are now overall CARC Green.
carc.jpg

Although there was one crew that got artistic on exercise.
leopard-2a6m-can-camo-v0-v7suqpcgf9vb1.jpg

Cheers,
RichB

Magnificent job Rich! Does Canada have 2-A7's? I'm building one now even though I already have a German one finished. If Canada has them, maybe I can switch mine.

Magnificent job Rich! Does Canada have 2-A7's? I'm building one now even though I already have a German one finished. If Canada has them, maybe I can switch mine.
Thanks.

No we don't, only the A4, A4M and A6M. The A7 version is being pushed as an upgrade kit for the A4 thru A6 variants and there are some countries looking at that option. Denmark have upgraded their A5's to the A7 with some Danish customization. The German's have switched their A7 and A7V upgrade program to the new build A8.

Cheers,
RichB

Back