• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Latest Acquisitions Revisited!

Latest Acquisitions

My trailer donor kit came in today.

model1_zpsqfloiso6.jpg

I picked up these at the model contest in Houston this past Saturday.

model3_zpsykf9b4bp.jpg

model5_zpsppmuul7u.jpg

This is the original boxing of R2-D2

model2_zps61pznhgq.jpg

This is a pretty neat kit.

model4_zpsttrrbwsh.jpg

Latest Acquisitions

model2_zps61pznhgq.jpg

My six-year-old would love me to build this. Guys, if any of you see another one at a show over there, don't think twice, buy it for me and I'll cover the cost no question !! :v

Ian.

Latest Acquisitions

I just have a couple small things I picked up at the Brewer Brother's Show this past weekend:

LA_German_Halftrack.jpg

LA_Viking_Ship.jpg

I'm not even sure what company made that Viking ship, but it looks like it's going to be a fun and exciting kit to build.

That's all for now for me.

Latest Acquisitions

Just want to give some Kudos to Airscale here. I ordered some 1/48 Russian instrument decals and some photo etch bezels and cockpit panels (in both 1/48 & 1/32) from them last Tuesday and they arrived today ONE week later! (y)

I truely did not expect the order to arrive for at least another week.

logo.jpg

Latest Acquisitions

The airscale enhancements must be cool...,

Luiz

Yes they are Luiz. They are generally much nicer than any of the kit panel decals and are a small step up even from the Newer Eduard printed panels. They are a bit of work to use though. In my case I have a nice unique helicopter kit with some beautiful photos of the cockpit while the kit pit and Eduards PE are absolute POO. :bang head

Most of the pit's going to be butchered or pitched so I might as well get the instruments right. Eh what?! :blink

Latest Acquisitions

I just have a couple small things I picked up at the Brewer Brother's Show this past weekend:

LA_German_Halftrack.jpg

LA_Viking_Ship.jpg

I'm not even sure what company made that Viking ship, but it looks like it's going to be a fun and exciting kit to build.

That's all for now for me.

Nice 1/2 track thar Mark! :good: I'm thinking that Viking ship could be one from Zepheda? Will be watching for that to be built (y)

Latest Acquisitions

Just want to give some Kudos to Airscale here. I ordered some 1/48 Russian instrument decals and some photo etch bezels and cockpit panels (in both 1/48 & 1/32) from them last Tuesday and they arrived today ONE week later! (y)

I truely did not expect the order to arrive for at least another week.

logo.jpg

I like them also, hope to use their products on that old 1:24 Huey in the stash to liven up the IP some.

http://www.airscale.co.uk/

Latest Acquisitions

Some more stuff arrived. My decals for all my Albies and Pups. The Jasta 30 sheet covers Albatros D.III to D.V and some Fokker D.VIIs. Lots of cool schemes.

DSC05396.JPG

DSC05395.JPG

The new Refueler by Aviattic used for the bombers.

DSC05390.JPG

And some new Ammo of Mig paints. Russian greens through the years and 2 new sets from the Ukraine conflict. They were nice enough to send me a free bottle of red also.

DSC05391.JPG

DSC05392.JPG

DSC05393.JPG

DSC05394.JPG

James

Latest Acquisitions

The refuelling cart is quite interesting James. (y) Are the decals from Pheon? I saw a couple of interesting schemes for the D.V on the sheet.

Latest Acquisitions

Yes and its very nicely cast. And yes those are the newest Pheon decals, Jasta 30 vol 2.
James

Latest Acquisitions

model2_zps61pznhgq.jpg

My six-year-old would love me to build this. Guys, if any of you see another one at a show over there, don't think twice, buy it for me and I'll cover the cost no question !! :v

Ian.

Heya Ian-- not sure how far away this is from you-- but the price is pretty sweet on it...and the AT-ST I ordered only took about 10 days or so to get here in the US from Japan...

http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN995963/Sci

Latest Acquisitions

Heya Ian-- not sure how far away this is from you-- but the price is pretty sweet on it...and the AT-ST I ordered only took about 10 days or so to get here in the US from Japan...

Well I'm happy that nobody was 'scalped' for that R2 kit, just now on eBay UK there's a bloke asking £26.00 ($40.00 USD, as a start price, and he's got 5 bids) for the MPC/Airfix AT-AT.

As for good ol' HLJ, believe it or not, they're even quicker here to NZ, 'was just six working days for the X-Wing, and the 1:48 Snowspeeder is released next month.
:geek

Ian.

Latest Acquisitions

These came in the mail on Wed but, lost the internet while trying to post them! :bang head I hate CalTel!! :bat :bat

h4290fc9.JPG

hb3db7e5.JPG

he199acb.JPG

h4f6d507.JPG

So, been busy paintin'! Thanks Gerry! (y) Check yer pm will ya... :eek:ldguy :bat

Latest Acquisitions

Had a couple sheets of decals show up today. Been an interesting story to go w/ these. Took part in a Christmas raffle on the Aircraft Resource Center website, and I won a sheet of 1/48 F-14 Tomcat decals. So the guy who put them up, got them mailed out to me in early January, and then somewhere between New Brunswick, and North Carolina, they apparently took a side trip to the proverbial black hole that all lost mail drops into, and hasn't been heard from since. So a few weeks ago, both of us gave it up for lost, and the guy I got them from, offered up a couple other options, and then mailed them off. And thanfully they showed up today!

First sheet is Superscale S-3B Viking decals. VS-33 squadron. Been interested in building an S-3 model for quite some time, and on several occasions came very close to getting a kit, but just never pulled the trigger. Guess it's finally time to do that.

20150501_204456.jpg

2nd sheet is a partial sheet from TwoBob's decals. 2 F-16C's from the 414 Combat Training Squadron at Nellis AFB. Decals here to do 2 jets, so eventually I'll probably end up doing both.

20150501_204539.jpg

Latest Acquisitions

Now that my 4 month foray into bridgebuilding is over and the bench cleaned up, today I'll catch up on posts, and tomorrow, back on the Flattie build.

Some do-da's for rigging the flattie, wire, mini beads, etc.

some paint

a cool larger punch set from Harbor Freight at 40% off

Started a collection of wire for rigging

Said something to my two son's about wire and they brought me this

Some wood for a dollar and sanding sticks from Walgreens - these are half the price of sanders for modeling. The skewer looking things are cuticle tools and are great for burnishing Argher transfers.

A pad for soldering on and a drawplate intended to make smaller dowels with. That thing was a waste of money. good thing it was half price

some books. The one on rigging turned out to be way more than I wanted to know about rigging and written like back in the 1800's.

and last, I had trying to blacken brass and was steered to "Blacken-it". Local hobby shops with no luck, tried 3 on line all were out of stock. Maybe not available any more? But a train guy told me to try a gun shop. They had 3 products, one to blue steel, one to blacken brass - copper - bronze and another to blacken aluminum. Got the brass one. will paint up a test block, make a brass fitting to wrap around it and glue it on, then try the blackening process. As The fittings I want to blacken are already installed, I want to see if it messes up the white paint or not.

Now - back to building Little wood Flattie!

EJ

Back