• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Large scale Messerschmitt Bf 109K-4 FINISHED

matrixone

Here it is, the finished Hasegawa Bf 109K-4.

h1fb36f4.JPG

h7c2bf78.JPG

h2366d7c.JPG

h5885993.JPG

h623fd9d.JPG

hcc53dc2.JPG

he787fa6.JPG

h9757507.JPG

hf41aeb2.JPG

Matrixone

That came out great!
Sorry if I missed it, but what scale is it?

Cheers,

Bill

Very nice!! :good: What scale is the smaller one. I have a 1/18th scale Bf 109G-6 by 21st Century Toys that came with a decent paint job. Gary

h57d543b.JPG

Thank you all for the kind words!

Making some of the pictures of the finished models look like vintage photographs is a good way to compare the model against the real thing, this way its easier to see where it is I need improve the build or weathering on future models.
By far the best modeling tool I ever purchased (way back in 2003) was my first digital camera. With the macro lens I could see for the first time just how sloppy my building and painting were especially when the pictures were taken outdoors in sunlight. Ouch. Most of my old builds were thrown away and I started to take much more care during assembly with newer builds, improving the seam lines were the easiest thing to do but painting mottles and fine lines took more time to get better at and when I later switched from my Badger 100G to the Iwata Revolution BR airbrush I made some noticeable improvement in the finish of my models.

The picture below is my favorite of this model, besides the missing antenna wire the grass matt I used is a dead giveaway that this is a model, if those things were corrected this image could almost pass as a photograph of the real thing.

h2366d7c_2016-06-09.JPG

Matrixone

Back