• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Large scale Focke-Wulf Fw 190D-9 finally finished!

matrixone

Before I lose power again from the next storm due to hit within hours from now I will post the pics of my finished 1/32 scale Hasegawa Fw 190D-9.

This model was built O.O.B., paints used were Model Master enamels and the camouflage pattern was airbrushed free handed with my Iwata Revolution BR.

I did not care for the choices in the markings provided in the kit and decided to put my Dora in the markings of KG(j)55 an obscure Luftwaffe unit that has rarely had any of its aircraft done in model form.
The black/yellow checkered KG(j)55 RVD band was masked and painted the rest of the markings came from unused EagleCals and some from the kits decal sheet.

404624996.jpg

404624984.jpg

404624983.jpg

404624982.jpg

404624981.jpg

404624979.jpg

404624954.jpg

404624952.jpg

404624951.jpg

404624950.jpg

404624948.jpg

Matrixone

I think that this is one of your best Les. I love the way the mud and dirt is shown on the fuse. Fine finish. :drinks

Outstanding Les, love this picture
404624983.jpg

As Paul mentioned, the mud splatter really brings it to life. :notworthy

Magnificent work (y) (y) (y)
Is this the storm thats supposed to pack 100Kmh winds?? Our temp dropped about 10 degrees this aft, but only a couple of flurries.
Stay safe.
James

got to say that i am more than impressed with not only your skill building but your picture taking. your pictures are incredible.

joe

I love it, Les- cheers! The airfields were wet in that long-ago Spring, weren't they? ;) Masterful paintwork, my friend. :pilot

Many thanks to all for the comments! :notworthy

James,
I live in the PNW and a very powerful storm moved through here Monday, winds were clocked up to 114mph close to my home. In no way was this storm as bad as Sandy but for the time it was here it caused a lot of damage. I lost power for most of the day so I don't know how much the national media covered this storm but this should have been news worthy. Besides losing power for most of the day a tree started to come down on my house and most of it is leaning over it but not quite touching yet...thats actually good news because when it goes all the way over it will not destroy my roof. Also some light flooding effected my basement but not too bad and no damage. There were plenty of other people that did not have it as easy as I had it and have missing roofs or were destroyed by trees falling through them. Only one death known so far and a few bad injuries. There was supposed to be one more storm hit sometime today but is not as powerful as the one on Monday. The news said there are still thousands that still don't have their power back after the first storm. :blink

chuk,
I looked at my copy of Vol.1 of Jerry Crandall's Dora book to get inspiration for adding the weathering to my model, the photographs of the Doras that surrendered to the Americans at Furth on May 8th were very helpful, all of them were pretty filthy with mud spattered on them.

Matrixone

:notworthy

Now you know that I always have admired your work, Les (and not just because we use the same airbrush ;) ), I really do appreciate your talent. But this time, you've surpassed most everything that I've seen of yours. A superb model, easily one of your best and definitely one for the very front of the cabinet.

Well done sir.

Ian

Thanks piase, scorpr2, and Ian!

Ian,
You are one of the few who know how good the Iwata Revolution BR is but I am amazed that this airbrush is not more widely used by modelers. :idonno
BTW, I like your avatar. Thanks to BBC America I have seen repeats of most all of the Top Gear UK episodes and have become a big fan of the show, thankfully I watched Top Gear UK before I had seen American version of Top Gear which is terrible and would have kept me from watching any of the Top Gear style programs. With few exceptions I hate most of the 'reality' TV programs forced on us today.

Matrixone

Damn I have missed a lot on the Forum this last 2 months or so been very busy with work.

Great bird Less Love the pictures as always (y) :drinks

BTW what is your favorite Top Gear special. I have 2 The Polar one and the Botswana one. Though I did enjoy the part where they were almost killed by americans once at a fuel station :rotf

Thanks Dave!

The Top Gear UK Polar special was one of their best but I really like the episode where they drove from Florida to N.O., the clash with the rednecks at the gas station was classic! :D Sad but true there are rednecks where I live too...its a very small town. :bang head

Matrixone

Back