• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Lanz Bulldog Cattarpillar 35 HP

Henri

Hi all,

Now I picked up modelling again (after 15-18 years) and joined this forum, I thought that it would be nice to show the project I am just working on.

Hope I placed it in the right catagory!
If not....moderators please move it!

It will not have posts every day....uuuhhh....week, but will try to add new progres as often as possible.

The model it self is a full resin German "Lanz Bulldog cattarpillar 35 HP" from Plus Model.

16-9-10_lanz_buldog_cattarpillar_1_20100916_2075842285.jpg

Bought this model about 5 years ago for my father who is a keen collector of everything that has to do with "Lanz Bulldög".
Because he doesn't have the "feel" anymore for modelling, he asked me if I could clean, model and finish it! :unsure:
Thanks dad!!! :hmmm

The cattarpillar is a pre-war German vehicle that was used during the war on airfields and for moving heavy artillery.

A year ago I made a small start.
Because of other priorities it was put aside after a few hours and recently re-discovered! :laugh:

It will be build straight out of the box, with out any conversions or add ons.

First time I am working with resin and all ready experienced what the damn glue can do with your fingers!!! :blink

16-9-10_lanz_buldog_cattarpillar_2_20100916_1113945700.jpg

16-9-10_lanz_buldog_cattarpillar_3_20100916_1101980909.jpg

16-9-10_lanz_buldog_cattarpillar_4_20100916_1610016574.jpg

Hell, the tracks are all individual casted and a hell load of work to clean them!

16-9-10_lanz_buldog_cattarpillar_5_20100916_1659252861.jpg

So....wish me luck!!! :huh:

Neat. I'll follow this. I have to look at Plus models more often and see what they have.
James

Henri wrote:
Hope I placed it in the right catagory!
If not....moderators please move it!

the lanz has track but no gun so it's no tank but a thingything so i moved your thread! :)

very ambitious to restart modelling with a full resin kit but very good work so far! keep going!

@James
Well, I did get more items from Plus Model in the past.
Most were those small sets for adding items to diorama's or vehicles.
I wasn't impressed with the quality, but price was right for the quality.
When I unpacked this kit I was amazed how good the quality was!
Recently I bought a set of figures from PlusModel and that quality is poor!
Probaly an older kit, but I sure will only stick to vehicles when I buy from them.

@hood
I hope so too!
One advantage.......it is not my own, so perfect to experiment several technieks! :evil:

@Iron Mike
Please do and tips, hints and trick are all ways welcome!

@Kreighshoer
Thank you for moving it to the right place!
Still have to find my way around on this site!
No time......have to build!!! :laugh:

Ambitious you say.....well...that is me and if I start with a difficult kit ( in my eyes for now) then the rest that follows will be a walk in the parc!
I am not affraid for building it, but more of finishing with the right colours and wear and tear!

@Shawn
Thanks!
How ever....look closely....it isn't an earth mover!
Never the less a nice kit......with a lot of work!!!!

Henri

Little update!

Worked on the tracks what was really a S**T job when you never worked with resin. :S

Well, I managed and have cleaned and test fitted them.

Also first time that I worked with a PE item.

So....slowly there is progress! :woohoo:

19-9-10_lanz_bulldog_catterpillar_1_20100920_1376805851.jpg

19-9-10_lanz_bulldog_catterpillar_2_20100920_1041467708.jpg

19-9-10_lanz_bulldog_catterpillar_3_20100920_1736519275.jpg

Further on with the running gear!

19-9-10_lanz_bulldog_catterpillar_4_20100920_1026437503.jpg

Back