• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Lakenheath Phantom (1/72 Accurate Miniatures F-4D)

Excellent work! Good to know about the MRP dullcoat. I've got some Dark Green paint to use in place of my Model Master Dark Green yet I am not sure what to use to thin it for airbrushing. That's great that the Dullcoat goes on without thinning. Do they offer it in the larger bottles like Testor's did?

Excellent work! Good to know about the MRP dullcoat. I've got some Dark Green paint to use in place of my Model Master Dark Green yet I am not sure what to use to thin it for airbrushing. That's great that the Dullcoat goes on without thinning. Do they offer it in the larger bottles like Testor's did?

Nope, not that I've seen. MRP paints don't generally need to be thinned. I do use the yellow cap Tamiya lacquer thinner when I do want to thin it out a bit though.

Building up the new AIM-9s.

Some metal work experimentation using some inspiration from Mo & Ian. Needless to say the results are a far cry from their handiwork...as to be expected. Passable enough for this go around I think. Probably going to stick with the spray method on the Kai as I want a cleaner look for that one.

Overhead shot to see the differential in the center panel on the stab. Also visible is the patch repair on the starboard wing. :lol: Probably going to do a bit more work in that area later. There is still too much of a hard line if you really look at it.

Back