• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Kitty Hawk 1/48 F-94C

Paulw

I am going to take a break from that turkey and maybe get this one done in due time. There isn't much to this kit really, six sprues and they aren't rally loaded out. It has a fret of pe and a real sparse pit but at this size I can't see that small to do anything with it any way.

The burner can is much darker that whats depicted in the foto and the round gizmo for the RSO is a radar console that is on a gimbal. I may just leave the lens out because the RSO dips snuff and needs some where to...well you get the picture. There are quite a few small pieces to this kit and they are fairly fragile, I already broke one trying to get it cut from the sprue. I am looking forward to getting this one done. Ill shoot overall duraluminum and polished aluminum for the rocket doors on the nose. there isn't much in the way of decals for this plane so I will keep it oob.

Go Paul go. Have this same beastie in the stash. Not sure if I have ever actually seen one built though.

Looking good Paul. I think I have one of these in 1/72 scale in my stash somewhere. I might have to pull it out soon.

Well this thing is just zooming right along. a couple of small fit issues and nothing much more. The biggest one is the pit is bare as Mother Hubbard's cupboard. Right now I don't really care but if I did I would try to find some resin for it. I know that you would have to use T-33 seats and since this is a highly modified T-33/P-80 I think any 48 scale set would work out here. One of the things that I have noticed is the panel lines are rather light and though they look good if you want to really mask things, like the rocket magazine doors for different shade of metal, it may be difficult to really see and /or will be filled in with a good primer coat.

All-in-all the fit is pretty good but the horizontal stabs and the rudder are where you would find the prob.

Hey Phil , at a glance that seems to be a good rendition of an F-89 . I love the one at Right Pat.

I love the early jets (y) (y) (y)

Cheers, Christian B)

Looks nice Paul, and seems to build up fast. I have one to do as well so it is nice to follow along on your build.
Ernie

Since you are getting close to the end, did you decide the scheme? Perhaps the Box Art one with the nicely done rocket pod covers?

OK, it is because they have shark mouth markings!

Regards,

yes I saw that Saul. I havent made up mu mind yet but it is looking more like a ANG bird now

Now that the wings and canopy are on and the tip tanks are in place I can see the end coming real soon. If you have this kit let me say that there are some things you should know. Not all of the locator pins are there for the sockets that they go into, the wind screen is keyed for a slot in the fuselage that doesn't exist, the sprue gates aren't really all that bad but while they are easy to sand or file down because of the texture and color of the plastic they show up real well and you may be tempted to over sand but don't do it.

That would be a pretty good looking bird if that rear end was different, more tapered, looks weird though. Your build is great Paul, just a weird looking fighter.

(y)

:popcorn

Very good work so far, Paul. Not certain but I seem to recall one of those really cheesy, hysterical 1950's alien invasion movies used stock footage of F-94's chasing UFO's over the USA.... may have been F-89's, my recall is letting me down a little.

Looking forward to seeing this progress.

Ian

I think you can take your pick on that Ian, more like what cheesy Sci-Fi movie from the 50s didn't use stock USAF footage. :pilot

Back