• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

KFZ 1 - 2/3rds. ROTBRAUN/Grau camo Fenders ?

panzerace007

Hey Everybody,

Question: :blink
Would the KFZ 1 , wearing a 2/3rds. Rotbraun/Panzer Grau Camo ,still wear the Swash of White on the Front Fenders - a/la PK , G ,KP . If you will remember Gudarian, the P.K ( propaganda) had Swashes of White - similar to a Width indicator on the Front Fenders. Would they keep that if they added th 2/3rds. Camo ? :idonno

THANX in Advance !

ERIK

short answer: yes!

the grey/brown scheme was official until end of july 1940, prior to that date some vehicles were already grey, some still had the 2-tone ... those white bands had two purposes, on the one hand width indicators, on the other night visibility in convoi travels ...

of course there's no final answer since - you may already have guessed it - some had the bands, some not!

Hahahaha ! That's what I thought ! I might put 'em on there .... Maybe Not ! :idonno :D

Thanx for th Quick Response !!

ERIK

please allow me to be more precise: i personally have not yet seen a photo of vehicles from the 2-tone period with white fender bands but that doesn't mean that this didn't exist ... apparently i'm not a walking encyclopedia, i know a lot but not everything regarding early war wehrmacht ...

-> no final answer!

please allow me to be more precise: i personally have not yet seen a photo of vehicles from the 2-tone period with white fender bands but that doesn't mean that this didn't exist ... apparently i'm not a walking encyclopedia, i know a lot but not everything regarding early war wehrmacht ...

-> no final answer!

:eek:hmy: LAURA,

You're NOT ? Aw, My image of you is Totally Shot Now ! :) There's probably 100 pix out there & 50 of them show Vehicles with th Bands & 50 that show with out .... I'll flip a Coin .....

Hey Where's that NEW Coin Flipping Emocon ? :woohoo:

ERIK

Back