• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

KFIR breaking wind over my house!

moon puppy

Administrator
Staff member
Sitting here doing my work minding my business and I heard a double boom. Thought a tree fell or something, went out side checking things out and didn't see anything. I did hear a jet and it sounded a little off, unusual.
I went back in and check the ADS-B Exchange website to see what was flying. Sure nuff!

Going to try this link.

The link isn't his flight history.
Here's Flightaware flight history for that day.

Here's a screen shot.
sound barrier.PNG

Check the 9:55 time stamps

@Frank Hey Frank, I got a unicorn again!

Last edited:
Hey John, look at his previous flights out of Donaldson. Looks like it's not the only time he's done it.
FYI, Donaldson is a Lockheed Martin facility, formerly Greenville Air Bas and Donaldson AFB. They are currently building F16s there.

When I was a kid th USAF/NG/Reserves flew fighters out of Lockborne/Rickenbacker. They used the lake we lived by to fly low-level missions and occasionally there would be a Sonic Boom! After they broke a couple of dozen picture windows they stopped flying the lake. My father was more than a little ticked off when the window went CRACK in the middle of a football game. I believe that the wing commander made the pilots pay for the windows they broke.

Last edited:
He did it again. I didn't capture the act but we had two loud booms. When I checked the website I didn't see him but a few minutes later he's squaking.

1704901021814.png

BTW, the company that owns this aircraft is hiring fighter pilots.

He did reach Mach 1 when he hit 590 kts at 32,000 feet in that first track but he was a good boy on the one today. Here's an app that calculates mach number which varies with air temperature. He was up to 498 kts at 13,300 but thats only M.77. But he did spend a lot of time above 250kts below 10,000 and that ain't right unless there is a MOA there.

https://www.globalaircraft.org/converter.htm

Last edited:
I didn't get a track on him after the booms today. Not sure if he wasn't squawking or if a receiver wasn't picking him up. I've been kinda thinking about getting one of those receivers and feeding that website. Being close to Donaldson there are some unique things in and out of there.

There's been several complaints locally about sonic booms, official line is it's testing the new F16 block 70 being built and tested at Donaldson, I haven't snagged a track on one of them yet.

They done done it again!

sonic1.JPG

sonic2.JPG

sonic3.JPG

Doesn't report type but I have to think it's one of the new F16 block 70. Has Hungarian registration but no registration number logged on the website.

Notice he got up to 745kt at 42000ft, that works out to be like mach 1.2+ and then look how fast it slowed down.

I thought a tree fell but hopped on the website to check aircraft and got payday.

Poor pups were traumatized.

Back