• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

"JUST PLANE BIG"

Okay just reacquainted myself with the concept. Could we do 1/35 and bigger instead of 1/32 and bigger?

I have a 1/32 HE-162 I want to build sometime soon as well as a glider. I'm researching Fort Eben Emael for my glider https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Fort_Eben-Emael
Also have my Fletner. I think any of these will work for this campaign wont they? Of course also have a Harrier thats calling to me.

Yeah 1/32 or bigger.

Wow I only suggested this campaign 3 years ago. :blink

Okay glider is out. Will look to the others. And As this was resurrected I am just responding time warp or not.

I don't suppose a four engine bomber in 1/72 scale would be interesting enough for this proposal :idonno

Cheers, Christian B)

I'm sure it would but it's never going to happen here . Pure and simple.

Oh , wait. I'll just forgo the house payment and get that B-36...

Cheers, Christian B)

A 1:32 F4 would work...just sayin'.

If only it was on any current build list, it probably would ...but it does not appear on any current menu .

To make it more clear Bob, the kit needs a lot of aftermarket parts that I have not to purchased yet . I can't half build that one.
Even the main tires are not correct for an AF. bird. Plenty of incorrect ones in the market though :idonno

Cheers, Christian B)

Just checked the stash: All 1:32
Ju-87D
F-4J
F4U-4
Bf109G-14
Bf109G-2
Bf109E-1 (Started, but not much)
P-51D
Spitfire IXe
BAe Hawk T1A (was going to be built for the 'Learning Curve' campaign, but I have a few others that could drop-in to that one.)

Yeah, I think I could find something that would fit.

Ian.

Stash re-check:
Still have the F-4J & 109G-14... all the others are either built, being built or sold-off !, I do have a Kittyhawk OV-10A Bronco (one of my all-time favourite aircraft), so definitely still-in for this one.

Ian.

That is one of the big problems with this Dave, Most helicopters are 1/35th scale these days which meshes with the armor scale. There are more aircraft starting to appear in 1/35th, some gliders and even a Feisler Storch. While to all extents and purposes they are "almost" the same and figures can be used from either, it is up to Terry. He could make a ruling aircraft 1/35th and larger scale which would cover everything out there.

Of course there are 1/24th scale planes and even 1/16th and 1/18th scale. Is it "only" to be 1/32nd?

Also the length of build time would decide possible builds for me as I have a fair sized collection of 1/32.

Then there is the biggest plane in my stash and is 1/48th. It dwarfs my 1/32 B-17 and also the 1/32 PBY-5A (B-36 anyone?)

That could get fixed with 1/35 scale or a wingspan larger than 33 inches (which cuts out stuff like Me323)

To get some larger aircraft builds like the B-17, Gotha, Felix-Stowe and some other really large aircraft it will need a longer time frame.

Just stating the bits, what do you say Terry?

I think Terry has been pretty clear here.

Aeroplanes, fixed wing, 1:32 or more. That means no rockets, no choppers, no flying insects, no things that got throw up in the air in a crash and not 1:35.

Check me if I'm wrong.

Back