• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

"JUST PLANE BIG"

Well, about the only 32 scale biggies I have are the Hasegawa Bf 109-G2 I will like to do as an F or a slightly (oh so very slightly) started Trumpeter F6F 5N. I just have the engine cylinder banks started. I need a call on either of those two.

I'd be down with this... (young person speak, I'll not do it again :coolio ).

Ian.

Won't be until after the migration, Paul, and after everything has 'settled-down'.

Ian.

Votes smotes...let's get'er done on this one. Sorry if everyone is sitting on go with this but let's wait for about a month or so before starting. Like to set it up as one of our first campaigns under the new site.

Just added to my big plane stash some more. Need to weed out the smaller kits now.

Come on now, Paul. I know you have a big @$$ Beechcraft Stagger Wing in that mess. Time to get that going.

That Staggerwing is pretty much a poo kit. Looks like something from the 50's. Going to have to pick up the new Kingfisher kit for and engine to copy. Interior will have to be fully scratchbuilt. Wing airfoils will have to be reworked (or replaced). It's going to be sittin for a while.

Have too much nice stuff to burn myself out on that beast.

Just going to bump this, was looking through and it seemed like there was a lot of interest in this!

I don't mean to hijack Terry's idea but maybe to make it more inclusive, could armour be added if it was larger than 1/35??

Or maybe just something opposite to Micro Modeler Month, and just open it to large scale kits? (but a longer time frame)

Terry was pretty clear "Just Plane Big" and we got 12 votes out of that. We do need to do some admin on the campaigns and get some more started. Let's start a new thread about upcoming campaigns. Thanks Warren! (y)

Ooh ooh ooh mr Carteh can I join? 1/32nd is my default scale so I’m finally in a comfort zone... not that I’m good at it but that’s what I build in.
I’ve cut plastic on a Aims/ Dragon Bf110 G night fighter for a GB over on Large Scale planes, is that transferable to this GB? I’d call it under 5% complete, probably under 1% complete but it is started.... hang on I’ll find a picture... be right back
Otherwise it’ll be Revells 1/32 262 night fighter.... or both
h0f606d9.jpeg

This is Terry's show so I'll leave that call to him, think he has allowed WIP. Hold what you got just yet. :pilot

Nope let's just stick with airplanes.

Suggest a new campaign and call it "BIG IRON"

B)

I have a 1/32 HE-162 I want to build sometime soon as well as a glider. I'm researching Fort Eben Emael for my glider https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Fort_Eben-Emael
Also have my Fletner. I think any of these will work for this campaign wont they? Of course also have a Harrier thats calling to me.

Back