• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Just another day - Humvee IED Contact

tiking

The inspiration for this little vignette comes from a photo I had seen on the net. I think it was taken in Afghanistan. So far this is my interpretation of such a scene of an IED Humvee attack. Here is the pic from which I got my inspiration:

humvee_ied_contact.jpg

humvee_ied4.jpg

humvee_ied3.jpg

humvee_ied2.jpg

humvee_ied.jpg

Very interesting . I think he would probably be sitting on a large boulder and smoking a cigarette though.
(y)

Cheers, Christian B)

Never an easy thing trying to figure out something to imitate without trying the same thing over and over most of the time.

That is a very nice comment. Thanks for that but a Master I am not; at least not yet. I am working my way towards that title though.

Holy crap! Both the original picture, and the model are just amazing.

I saw a picture of an M1A1 taken in Afghanistan that I really want to attempt some day. It was following insurgents and went down a narrow lane next to an irrigation channel or something like that, and ended up sliding into the water, w/ about 1/3 of the tank being submerged. Always thought that would make an awesome diorama.

WOW very nice (y) It's hard enough to make a model look real, but making a damaged vehicle look real in scale is just another level!! Well done :notworthy

Cheers Erik

Back