• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Joe's 1/72 RoG Type VIIC

Leopard2

Here is my entry for the campaign. With over 3ft in length I wonder if my bench is big enough or if I need a dry dock.

Joe

IMG_0825.jpg

IMG_0826.jpg

IMG_0827.jpg

IMG_0828.jpg

Maestro, a little building music, please?

It kicks in at just after the 2:00 mark. (y)

When you get your bench space issues figured out.....PM me your solution...please! :laugh: At 30-1/2" my hull is hanging over both side of my kitchen table. At over 3ft I'll take advise from you any day.

What an exciting build you're going to have!! I've always wanted to tackle this one so I will be looking in on your progress quite often.

A little update with no pictures. At this point I am not to impressed with the kit. Though the detail is okay I am spending a lot of time trying to get thing to fit. Especially the periscopes are bad since they are made out of halves and the don't fit in the holes in the conning tower. I guess I will to use a lot more putty for this baby.

Joe

Especially after all the hype this kit created when it first came out. BUt I guess it was more of the subject and the scale it came in.

same here with the revell tirpitz - i'm not that much impressed with that kit after having read all those enthusiastic praises. lots of flaws and mistakes and all i did was inspecting the sprues!

whatever ... my conclusion is 'typical revell' = mellowyellow

'nuff talkin' 'bout another kit - have you looked at the offerings from mr schatton? he offers periscopes and other goodies for the 1/72 revell boot ...

Laura thanks for the hint.I just checked Schatton's website. I think I might have to order at least the periscopes and possibly the the 20mm.

Joe

This is how far I have gotten. I got the hull halves together. To do this I had to take out the front bulkhead with the torpedo tubes. After much filing and sanding I got the periscopes in a halfway decent shape but broke of the tip of the main periscope in the process :bang head . I also had to open up the hole for the periscopes in the conning tower and deck. If I would have tried to sand the periscopes down I would have ended up in the loony bin. The covers for the propeller shaft show some of the it issues I am having. I think I need to check on my stock of putty and make sure that I have enough.

Joe

IMG_0845.jpg

IMG_0846.jpg

IMG_0844.jpg

I wonder if Bondo comes in a 55 gallon drum? :pinch: Looks like you are getting a lot of modeling for your money!! :laugh: (y)

Looking good Joe. I am sorry that you have so much to deal with, but that is going to make this model that much more impressive when you are done.

Is that Runescape on your PC screen? I also play that on occasion. You'll have to look me up sometime

Thanks for all the encouragement. But at this point it getting from bad to worse. Besides the fit issues mentioned earlier, I now have to deal with many of the small skinny parts breaking when trying to get them of the sprue, if they not already broken on the sprue that is. This plastic snaps like dry twigs. Right now I have the urge to find out how well a 3 foot U-Boat models flies and its impact resistance against a wall.

Joe

Back