• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Japanese Work Crew-Finished

Ted

Here's my Cornered build, I figured I'd do a non-military build for a bit of a change. I've picked up a few of these 1/32 Arii Japanese cultural life dioramas and cars. The detail is a little lacking but the subject is very interesting to me. I'll build a small cherry tree in blossom for it too.

IMG_5676.jpg

IMG_5679.jpg

IMG_5682.jpg

IMG_5683.jpg

Re:Japanese Work Crew and helpers

I painted some of the figures today. It was fun to paint such simple figures and try to add some detail.

IMG_6828.jpg

IMG_6829.jpg

...forgot to mention...thanks to Jenny and Monroe Perdu for arranging this group build.

Hey Ted
An interesting subject matter, and kudos to you for mixing it up a bit!
I think you have done a wonderful job with the figures; their simplicity lends well to the painting detail you have given them.

It is a little unfortunate to cover the main run of roadway, but the truck is quite long and peacetime doesn't really suit the mounting of kerbs etc. so I reckon you have realised the most likely layout for the items involved ;)
Look forward to further updates
Brad

Re:Japanese Work Crew -tree/base progress

I started on the weeping cherry tree using copper wire and sculpey. Groundwork is fun!

IMG_6867.jpg

IMG_6868.jpg

Re:Japanese Work Crew-tree/base progress

Nice, I especially like the figs. Are you going to add grass?

I have some static grass but I haven't had much luck with it before. I'll probably add tufts of it around the sidewalk and tree and go for a cartoonish feel with the dio in general. I'm thinking of adding texture to the "grass" with chalk pastels.

The figures were fun to do, they're so basic that I felt like any detail I added was a bonus.

Hi Ted.

I also like those figures a lot. They are so cool. How much more work is it going to take for the cherry tree?

Gary B)

I love it Ted! Very original subject and I love the way you painted the figures!

Erik

Thanks folks, much appreciated. My wife and I went for a walk today and I was constantly distracted looking at tree bark. For the blossoms I cut tiny pieces of tissue paper, scrunched it up and glued it on in bunches. The base has oregano, chalk and pigments now. Next is more weathering on the truck, finish painting the worker and accessories.

IMG_7582.jpg

IMG_7583.jpg

Really nice Ted!! I like the tree and the figs.

Terry B)

That kid shouldn't be picking his nose in public like that...

This is a fun project, really nice work.

Done and done. Thanks for the comments guys. Thanks also to the TnT crew for organizing this group build. Having everyone start with the same base really got people to be creative. This has been the most fun group build I've been a part of.

100_3280.jpg

100_3281.jpg

100_3285.jpg

100_3282.jpg

100_3287.jpg

100_3283.jpg

Ted sorry but this is the first I have seen of your build :blush: .Iv'e got to say I love the way you have all created such different dio's in this GB.

A lovely interpretation of the original base, well done

Ant

Back