• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Jagdpanzer IV Variants WIP

Tony lee

Master at Arms
100_1257.jpg

I'm starting this project out with the DML prototype A-O and Tristar's L/70(A)
While a coat of wash dries on the Brummbar I thought I would get underway on these.
Last night and again this morning the bench was smokin because the NASCAR season kicked off with
an ARCA race today and to follow later will be the BUD Shoot-Out tonight. :woohoo:

So far the A-O has been pretty simple but the L/70(A) is another story with several instruction mistakes and multiple parts used where only a few would do. If you pay attention to what your doing you can catch the mistakes before you pull out to much hair.
100_1258.jpg

SPGs Forever (y)
Tony lee

Great project Tony, I know this is going to be a popular thread so I'm going to sticky it so we can get to it quickly.

now...

:popcorn

That looks an awful lot like my pile, I don't have the Tristar kit. Since I don't do popcorn...

Bugs_Hammock.jpg

(y)

Back again folks :Hiay

Lasts night and this morning I got the L/70(A) lower tub and running gear assembled.
100_1259.jpg

A look at the aft ends and it's differences:
100_1260.jpg

I hope your weekend was as constructive as mine :woohoo:
Thanks for looking in
Tony lee

Yes sir Saul they came in the kit.
I bought the Atak zimm set when I bought the kit way back when but it has shrunk and become brittle.
I gave it a soak in hot water but it didn't do a lot of good so I cut it on the narrow chop rows and can fill it back in like I did my Jagdpanther.
100_1264.jpg

100_1263.jpg

100_1262.jpg

There's a few more pieces to go on but I put the horse in the barn and called it a day.
Happy to have you folks along for the ride
Tony lee

No wonder nobody get anything done,you sit around and eat pop corn and drink soda water all day. :hmmm

Glued the upper and lower hull together on the A-O but had to use three clamps to combat the warp in the one piece upper hull so while the glue cures for a day or two I got the L/70(A) back out.
Installed the front plate,fenders and built up the engine housing/deck which has 28 parts to complete.
100_1269.jpg

See ya tomorrow folks
Tony lee :)

TONY ,

Oh Yeah :eek:hyeah

I'm really lookin' forward to this !! Great start ! Which one had th Warp ? Great Job on th ZImmerit !!

Soda Water :blink

10.jpg

:erik

Erik it was the DML A-O that was warped. It has a one piece upper hull front to back and I guess being in the box for so long put a twist in the piece.
I was going to post a picture but Bucket is down again. :angry:

Maybe later bud
Tony lee

OK here we go,Picture. (y)

The casement and the L/70 gun is assembled.
100_1271.jpg

100_1272.jpg

The casement is made up of separate keyed panels just like the real thing,nice touch in my book.
The gun breech is well detailed but not much of it will be seen through the open hatches, at least
one is provided unlike the A-O.

That's it for today folks
Tony lee

Back