• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

I've gone cross-eyed [S-100 Schnellboat]

Viper_MP

I picked this up at the 2009 Nationals, and finally got around to building it. It's the 1/350 Trumpeter S-100 Schnellboat. It's a pretty nice kit, although there is a bit of room for improvement.

I added PE railing, a scratch built brass blast shield on the center gun, and added all the framing for the tarps [and the "rope"]. The camo scheme was not easy. I tried painting it, and failed. So I ended up using Prismacolor pencils. The PE base comes with the kit, and I added that to a stained balsa wood base. The screws are PE from the kit, as is the rear gun's blast shield. Not much else to say. I packed as much detail into it as I could, given the SUPER small size.

DSCN2218.jpg

DSCN2219.jpg

DSCN2220.jpg

DSCN2221.jpg

DSCN2223.jpg

DSCN2224.jpg

DSCN2225.jpg

no comments? Someone, anyone? I need errors pointed out now so I MIGHT be able to fix them prior to the contest [tomorrow]

hmmmm ... the only error i see is the spelling of "Schnellboot"

regarding the accuracy i cannot say anything but i like that floating thingy! and the old DMark - *sigh* how i wish it back!

Oh Wow!!! That is small and very cool! As far as spelling goes I can't spell in English let alone in German. Looks great to me.

Terry :blink

Boats schmoats, this looks good to me.

I don't do floaty things and rarely go below 1/72nd scale but this looks the part.

G

Sorry, I would have commented earlier, couldn't see it today at work.

First, wow, that's small. you know they make them a little bigger don't ya? Well done. Nice work with the PE.

well Viper you want this picked apart ....i cant see anything to hurt you ! (y) get some rest and off to the show you go( very clean build looks good)

Viper,
Looks good to me, but I'm no expert on German WW-II boats...
Like the splinter effect on the camo for it. I'm sure that
would break up the look just fine.
How did the contest go?
This is how most of us feel after looking at something this
small. :pinch:
If someone give you crap about the plural, tell them when
you started for the contest you had a couple of boats, but
the others were sunk on the crossing. ;)
Shawn

Love it! I picked one up too. I have a 1/72 built and a 1/35 stalled,(got into correcting issues and lost intrest right now. Love the paint job! I wish they came out with a S-38 version as well. I hear that there will be a S-38 conversrion for the 1/35 version. Keep up the great work, Ryan ;)

Thanks guys. The contest went great. This one took home gold along with my Marder IIIM and my Harrier. Iron Man MkII and my diorama took silver, and the Chevelle took bronze [the finish did not shine well under the lights]

Good haul of medals there pard.

Being an old car modeler I feel your pain. You work for weeks, painting, polishing, and getting that finish just so. Then the exhibit is in an old gymnasium with the worst lighting ever. You just want to scream, yours and several others that are even better look FLAT!

G

Hey Rob! Sorry I missed this, no excuses, just missed it. Glad you did well at the contest! This build is exceptional, in my opinion, especially given it's size! Well done!!

Back