• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Italeri Bugatti 1/12 FINISHED

Bugatti-logo-1024x768.jpg
:blink

yea thats as small as i can get before its a red blob, i might get away with 6mm which would be 72mm in real life but as this is a well used finish....maybe the badge just fell off :) thanks anyway

It blew off somewhere. We loose watch parts all the time and they usually show up eventually. Keep an eye out, clean up the area, and don't get too flustered over it.
I lost a PE control lever for my Stuka about a month ago. This weekend I was working on the rudder peddles and lost a different part which dropped on the floor. Sweeping up I didn't find the part I dropped, but the lever showed up.

I tried printing the lower logo on my Canon printer at high res on some glossy photo paper. Looking at it under magnification you can see it says Bugatti, but the black over red doesn't really work. It might work if the black shadow under the large characters was converted to red and the small EB was converted to white. I might try that.

Dont go to any trouble Paul, its so small it will hardly notice if its missing, i will have a play about with photoshop sometime :)

I did clean off the black and changed the EB logo to white. Shrank it down and printed it out. Looked better, but was not very crisp.

I did a look see into the resolution my printer can print at and the specs said it could do up to 9600 x 4500 in color. Probably closer to 600 x 600. Anyway worth a try to just see what my printer could do.

Big mistakes are rare but they happen.
I drilled out the kit moulded rivets , planning to fit screws to act as lock wire points however even my smallest screws don't look right. I have got away with these before

_DSC8409.JPG
but these on the Bugatti are very close together and are just too big. I will have to re install the kit rivets somehow.

_DSC8410.JPG

_DSC8411.JPG

Way to big but they worked here on my alfa 8C
Alfa8C 2300 (7).JPG

You are right Paddy, the screw heads are way too big. Could you chuck them up in your Dremel and file them down in diameter? Yeah, I know that will be a LOT of bother, but that is an option that would get the sizing down.

I think the problem is i am chasing a compramise
This is the answer but i could never justify the time or cost

A81.jpg
A82.jpg
A113 (1).jpg
A114.jpg

I think i will fill the holes and accept that with no tools , space or facilities my hands are tied :) I think if i fill the holes and replace the rivet heads it will look better than if i do a bad job of lock wiring.

Work has come to close 🫣

unfortunately the body shell on my Bugatti succumbed to global warming

_DSC8426.JPG

I am trying not laugh :) now lets see how good Italeri's customer service is in their spare parts dept .....

Holly Sheyit photos of the Day. :facepalm:
1. Tim's inverted USS Texas.
2. Al Gore punishing your Bugatti.
And the winner is.....................................

Sent a request to Italeri. we shall se what happens

In the mean time i decided to carry on as i enjoy the build and even if its never finished i still enjoy this bit :)

_DSC8431.JPG

Wheels have a nice satin chrome effect that's not far off [polished alloy for anyone building a show room model. its also a good start if you want to mess it up as bit.

_DSC8437.JPG

This is some MRP light grey, some mat coat and some splashes and dark panel line ..a sort of brownish panel line (MIG)

_DSC8446.JPG

and this is not far off what i was aiming for :)

_DSC8449.JPG

Last edited:
Back