• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Italeri 1/35 M47 Patton Engine?

Tankbuilder

Hi there fellow model builders. It's been a long time since I've posted here. I hope you all are doing well.

I've been working on the old 1/35 scale Italeri M47 Patton kit #6447.

I kind of liked the looks of the engine so I decided to open up all the louvres in the deck plates. What a job! Can you say tedium extrodinaire? I also decided to add some details to the engine.

I do have a question regarding the engine provided in the kit. Is it the gasoline engine or is it a diesel engine? If it's a gasoline engine I'll have to add carburetors and air intake pipes to it. I've added the exhaust tubes and the cooling ducts already and did some painting of the engine. Here's an image of what I have done to this engine so far.

So, gasoline or diesel engine?

Btw, the recent Tamiya/Italeri M47 release is this exact same kit but with a couple of extra Tamiya sprues of accessories.

Thanks and cheers

IMG_6228.JPG

Its a gas engine and air cooled.
The cooling tubes you are talking about are for the carburetors from the air filters.
There is transmission coolers on the left and right of the engine.
I think I have some pictures I have found while surfing. I'll look for them and try to get them posted here for you to use.

A friend has the AV-1790 gas engine which he starts up and runs once in a while. Not sure if it was from the M-47 or an early M48.

Last edited:
The motor looks good here...:good:
Jay's tank car is over the top awesome...need to get one of them. :burnout

Back