• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Information request- Colour Schemes

Mainly28s

Ooookay, now that I've completed my first build on here, could I request some help from the collective brains here? My collection of aviation-related reference material is still pretty limited, so I'm hoping I can get some ideas here.

I have a part-built '110 G (second-hand from Fleabay, cockpit and fuselage assembled, the rest still on the sprue), an untouched Ju 88 A-4 (a pretty dire Hobbycraft item that needs a new cockpit as the kit version is garbage), a part-built Bf 108 B (also Fleabay, mostly assembled, but totally unpainted) and an un-built Bf 108 B.

My problems are three-fold.
First- which one do I start/continue next?
Second- which campaign can I enter it in (especially relevant for the part-built ones)?
Third- can anyone help me find an interesting late-war (i.e. 1944-1945) colour scheme for these planes, preferably something with hard edges, as I don't have access to an airbrush).

Please feel free to make suggestions!

First question, which ever one you want. (y)

Second: The 110 or bf108 could be done for the Shelf Queen II build. The unbuilt Ju88 could be done for the Out Of Box campaign. :pilot

Third: that's going to depend on what kit you do but I'll punt to other to help on that.

I have a part-built '110 G (second-hand from Fleabay, cockpit and fuselage assembled, the rest still on the sprue),

an untouched Ju 88 A-4 (a pretty dire Hobbycraft item that needs a new cockpit as the kit version is garbage),

a part-built Bf 108 B (also Fleabay, mostly assembled, but totally unpainted) and an un-built Bf 108 B.

Third- can anyone help me find an interesting late-war (i.e. 1944-1945) colour scheme for these planes, preferably something with hard edges, as I don't have access to an airbrush).

The Ju-88A-4 had hard edges to its splinter scheme so no problems there.

The Bf 110G series did use spray mottling and lines for camouflage but the night fighters were all flat black.

The Bf 108 had many schemes from Techmod which include splinter for German, monotone schemes (civil, and military both export and domestic), and hard edged camouflage export schemes such as those of Yugoslavia from which were on the out of production decals from Lift Here!

48062-02.jpg

48063-02.jpg

Regards,

Back