• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

In-progress pics of a very old Fujimi kit

it's looking great as always, Les I relly would love to see a SBS on how you do your paintings

Thanks Martin!
I appreciate your interest, I don't take very many in-progress pictures of my builds mostly because I have limited disk space and prefer to save that space for pictures of completed models.

Later today I will get a new pic or two of this model and post it.

Matrixone

More in-progress pics...these pics don't really show it very well but more weathering work was done with oil paints, once the flat clear coat is on the model some of the weathering will show up a little better.
The propeller and spinner is assembled and weathered but not glued on the model yet.

400880198.jpg

400880195.jpg

400880193.jpg

Matrixone

Thanks James!
One thing I forgot to take pictures of is the drop tank, I added some dents to it and gave it plenty of weathering.

Matrixone

Very interesting pattern under the spin Les, looks like you put a lot of time into that. Live the oil streaks coming out of the cowl! (y)

Thanks again Moon Puppy,

I weathered the drop tank to match the oil leaks from the engine cowl.

After the model is given its flat coat I will give the oil streaks a thin coat of Future to give the oil a wet look.

Matrixone

Only a few small areas I need to hand paint before I can give this model its flat clear coat, here is what the model looks like right now.
400999331.jpg

400999330.jpg

Matrixone

Thanks James!
When I get pics of the finished model I will get better pics that shows more of the drop tank, it was very dark and raining when I took these pictures (I take all my pictures outdoors).

Matrixone

Great work Les, the oil streaks coming down the cowl are fantastic. Please tell me you didn't do that with your airbrush!

:popcorn

Excellent work!!! :ro:
I am working on Fujimi 109K and 109G right now but a 1993y. "new" kit.

All the best!
Dusan.

Cool! What markings are you putting yours in?

I might build a Hobbycraft Bf 109G-6 later this year, if I do it will be put in markings of ''black 29'' a well known Bf 109 that had dark camouflage with light colored spots on the fuselage sides, this aircraft survived the war.

Matrixone

Bf-109K with only yellow fuselage band no markings except crosses (found some good reference photo). Bf-109G6 will be with Black 2 12/JG54 cammo: rlm76/75/74/71 overpainted with White for the winther months.

All the best! :drinks
Dusan.

Thanks for looking Barney! (y)

Dusan,
That Bf 109K sounds interesting. :)

My Fujimi 109 is now finished, I am just waiting for clear weather so I can get outside and take pictures of it.

Matrixone

Back