• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

In-progress pics of a very old Fujimi kit

matrixone

I am working on three new models right now and here is one of them, its the very old Fujimi Bf 109G/K kit the came onto the market in the late 1970s.

Being such on old kit there are lots of problems with it but still resembles a Bf 109 and worth building.

This model is being built as a Bf 109G-14 version and marked as ''yellow 4'' of 15./JG 5.

This 109 had a mix of a standard G-14 camouflage mixed with parts of the airframe being resprayed and hand painted after repairs were done from combat damage.

So far most of the exterior painting is done including some pre-shading on the lower surfaces and distressing of the paint on the uppersurfaces...both done with the airbrush.

400722567.jpg

400722565.jpg

400722564.jpg

Matrixone

Thanks very much MrT and James!

These old kits are still fun to put together even if they are not very accurate, I don't enter contests so an old kit provides me the same amount of fun as a new one, what matters is if fits in with the rest of my collection.

Matrixone

Thanks for looking Moon Puppy!

I just finished spraying the wheel wells and the inside of the landing gear doors, after the paint is dry I will spray on a coat of Future and start adding decals early this week.

Matrixone

Thanks kryptosdaddy!

The spinner spiral was painted on. I first painted the spinner flat white and after the paint was fully dried I used thin strips of Tamiya tape to mask off the spiral and painted it black, after the paint was sprayed on I removed the tape and found a few mistakes and touched up the mistakes with a paint brush. Usually I have better success when painting spinner spirals but not on this one...oddly the other spinner of a Fw 190 I also painted turned out much better even though its much smaller. :huh:

Matrixone

Thanks Christian!

Soon I will be using some oil paints to add even more weathering, this is the part of modeling I enjoy the most.

Matrixone

Mine as well. Besides the Reggiane fighter I've restarted a Dornier . The paint should be fun. :)

Cheers, Christian B)

The 109 will be put aside for a day while I add decals to another model I have been working on. Not being lazy with the 109 its just the way I like doing things, when weathering a model I will do it in stages and put the model away for a short time and return to it later with fresh eyes to determine how much more weathering I want to add to it. Its a slow process but I have never over weathered a model yet.

Matrixone

Moon Puppy,
Actually I am! :) But just on a few random spots on the undersurfaces. The uppersurfaces will get the airbrush version of dot filtering, this will take a while since I am weathering two models at once.

Matrixone

Back