• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

In Another World 2!

Well,................ I had an idea for IAW-II, but I'll never get around to it and I don't have a C-17 kit to start with.
I'm throwing this out for any interested, interesting Modeler.

The AKC-175 "Hound of Hell" heavy combat gunship. Based on the Boeing C-17 Globemaster III platform. 2 5" 45 caliber rapid fire cannon, GAU-8B 30mm rotary cannon, "Flicker" Real-time 1-petawatt thermal laser targeting system, with "Fire & Forget" capability. Mark your target once, no more loitering in hostile AAA and SAM environments, with TDS to update targeting and positioning data to other aircraft in the strike zone. "Flicker" also silently negates softer targets like radar antennas and electrical substations. High energy, digital ECM gear makes her invisible to everything but eyeballs.
"Azrael" (Israeli/Raytheon built) laser guided, missiles in AP, WP, and cluster munitions options. M2 Browning .50 caliber guns for smaller, surgical targets and close-in defense. Terrain following and GPS mapping capability to compare yesterdays topography to that of today. "Hmm. That wasn't there yesterday........" Limited air refueling capability for thirsty fighters that overstay their "bingo" on strike & SAR missions. Galley, Corpsman's station and 2 AIM-9M Sidewinder missiles on each wingtip for the enemy aircraft foolish enough to make a second pass. Essentially the biggest, deadliest Muther in the sky. The ground pounder's second best friend, besides the A-10 War Thog.
"Boeing. Making valuable stuff on the ground go 'BOOM!' for more than 100 Years."
Howzatt?!

Well,................ I had an idea for IAW-II, but I'll never get around to it and I don't have a C-17 kit to start with.
I'm throwing this out for any interested, interesting Modeler.

It is excellent and you should try it when you get the kit. I have three more vehicles I won't start and I know they can't be finished on time. ;)

Regards,

I have been pondering a copy of the "OLD DOG" from the Dale Brown book Flight of The Old Dog.
B-52 stealth with canted tails like the F-117/F-22/F-35. Flight stabilization canards (B-1). Sparrow missiles, rear firing sidewinder missiles, ADM-160 MALD (Miniature Air-Launched Decoy), Cruise missiles.
This has been a paper tiger for me since first reading the book in 1988.
Also the EB-52 form the same book.

Mixing some ground work tomorrow to get the base on its way...thank God for two weeks off soon!

I think I will continue on my own afterwards... I like where it is going but need to take my time so as not to screw it up.

Regards,

I'm close to being done...still working on figures...the Ma.K figure is actually done...

There won't be an AKC-175 Hound of Hell anytime soon. I priced the 1/144 Revell Ag kit and it is Absolutely Outrageous! Hobbico and pandemic be damned!!

I would like to publicly apologize for not plying my wit and gift for the ridiculous in IAW2. My model mojo left me last year (YIPPEE!! 2020 is OVER!!) for no real good reason at all. I had such a good time with In Another World the first time. I feel as if I let Mike and the rest of our Model Community down.
If there was ever a time for the irrelevant, obscure or just plain silly build, last year would have been that time.
Teresa did everything but beat me with a steek to encourage my "brain vacation" hobby. I had some pretty decent ideas, but didn't execute said plans. My refusal to buy communist-made model kits was and still is a factor.
The horrible Heinkel and Graf Zeppelin "What-If" models await progress.
I'm sorry Men. I was lost. I'm better now.

Back