• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

IMPORTANT TAMIYA ANNOUNCEMENT (For real!)

iambrb

hf7437f1.jpg

MAKES ME WONDER IF IT WILL AFFECT THE OVERSEAS EBAY PRICING?

Almost everyone is MAP pricing now.

Used to be a few exclusive things that you'd find the same across the board, but these days it's everything. Even Aves had me sign a MAP agreement the last order I made with them. Aves, it's literally a tiny, family run business.

MAP is what Voyager did years back and it destroyed them. Instead of the up and coming company to rival Aber, it just fell into the middle of the pack.

Tamiya was always overpriced, there are very few kits I'd but outside of their 1/16 RC which horribly overpriced. You used to be able to buy from the home islands at a great discount, but they squashed that last year.

Even musical equipment is full MAP with everything. I used to be able to shop around, cut a deal. 48th Street in NYC was world famous for it. I just bought a Fender Jaguar last week, the only difference by shopping around was I could avoid tax, otherwise I would have bought direct from Fender. Sucks the fun out of it.

Pretty soon there won't be anywhere to buy but from Jeff Bezos.

Honestly, I don't see why any manufacturer would care. They're selling it wholesale based on volume.

Look at Saturn, that was their whole deal, 'you get the same price no matter where you go, any state, any dealer, no hassle.' It was all the rage until the public caught on that they were just overpaying for a crappy car. Where are they now?

There use to be a law against "Price Fixing". The world has turned into a toilet full of crap and it needs someone to flush it. :good:

Tony lee :eek:ldguy

Interesting that nothing has yet been said from other dealers. Is Internet hobbies just using this as an excuse to raise prices. If true it's my understanding that MAP pricing is illegal in Australia and I wonder how much compliance they will get in places like Hong Kong.

It's a law in EU too and the model sites on FB are saying more and more shops are getting a notice and have to sign an oath.

Andy's Hobby Headquarters
Andy's Hobby Headquarters manages the membership, moderators, settings, and posts for The Mediocre Modelers group.
It is not a joke I received a similar letter from Tamiya. I have talked to all the people I know at Tamiya and this is 100% happening.

Almost everyone is MAP pricing now.

Look at Saturn, that was their whole deal, 'you get the same price no matter where you go, any state, any dealer, no hassle.' It was all the rage until the public caught on that they were just overpaying for a crappy car. Where are they now?

Interesting that you mention that brand, I have owned a Saturn Vue (pretty decent car) and I also was a buyer for the company that made the door shells on the LS sedan. I have actually been to the old factory in TN.

Back