• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Imperial Guard TIE/IN

sharkman

Master at Arms
Ok, I'm going to build one of these!

Here's the kit.

It's a pre painted snap kit but I'm going to repaint it and add some mods.

Got a start on the solar panels

[

This one has been sitting around for quite awhile so I'll try and finish it up before the end of the month!

Sprayed some new colours down on the pit and assembled it (using glue)!

I wanted the solar panels to be darker black to contrast with the red so I sprayed them Model Master Aircraft interior black. Will have to make the additional panels for the Imperial guard TIE.

Started to work on the additional solar panels but ran out of sprue and need to get some sort of mesh.

I looked at quite a few images online and notice there is a huge difference in the size and length of these, or if they are present at all. Decided to go with ones that are nearly the length of the other panels.

and a test fit.

Thanks Paul and Luiz!

I think I should have this done by Friday!

For the additional solar arrays, I sandwiched a couple pieces of styrene together

Then used some Evergreen square tubing for the edges

Ran out of that so had to get some more, plus some fibreglass screen door screen from the local hardware store (smallest mesh I could find in a pinch).

Super glued that to the new pieces

repeat 3x

This is where I am tonight

Just need to paint it red and touch up a few things! Might have made these a little bigger than they should be but these will work for me!

;)

Something I got to build a satellite dish model years ago was some brass filter mesh. Still have a large chunk and it is about the same size as the mesh on the panels. Might consider trying one of these with my second interceptor sometime later.

Looking good so far Warren! Where did you find that artwork/photo with the red color and stub wings? I was aware of the red interceptors from the Fantasy Flight X-Wing game miniatures, but had not seen anything on them before that.

Something I got to build a satellite dish model years ago was some brass filter mesh. Still have a large chunk and it is about the same size as the mesh on the panels. Might consider trying one of these with my second interceptor sometime later.

Looking good so far Warren! Where did you find that artwork/photo with the red color and stub wings? I was aware of the red interceptors from the Fantasy Flight X-Wing game miniatures, but had not seen anything on them before that.

Hi Paul,

Yeah, I tried to get some finer mesh at the hobby store but they were sold out so this was a last resort in the short time frame.

I found the image on Wookipedia, Deviant Art and a quick google search of "Imperial guard tie". Lots of images out there with various sizes of stub wings and even ones without the stub wings. I liked the full length ones the best so went with that!

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Emperor's_Royal_Guard_TIE/IN_starfighter

http://www.deviantart.com/tag/tieinterceptor

Thanks Paul, Luiz and Mike!

Had to finish this one up tonight because I have no time tomorrow! Fortunately there wasn't much left. I sprayed the red Tuesday night, just had to do the silver and grey and touch up a few things!

Calling it done!! B) (please excuse the poor stand!)

I was going to put some gloss green on the tips of the guns on the cockpit, but my gloss had dried up! Used clear green instead. Then I was going to get one more shot of the inside cockpit and the battery in the camera died!! :bang head

Back