• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

I'm lost - M60A1 Patton (1/35 Tamiya)

helios

Way out of what I normally build. I got this kit a few months ago at a club meeting. A lot of kits were being given away, most were started, by a guy moving cross-country. Fast forward to last night...for whatever reason I pulled the box out of the pile at 2 am and fumbled through the parts. Some random green paint, partially assembled turret, and a bunch of loose parts was what I started with. By 3 am I had most of the bits (minus roadwheels & tracks) stuck to the lower chassis. It really wasn't an intended build...but sometimes things just happen. So I'm going to roll with it. We'll see how far I go. I've got a nasty tendency to squirrel onto other projects before the first one is completed. :facepalm:

This is going to be a far cry from some of the masterpieces cranked out by some of the armor masters here, but feel free to follow along is you are up for some amusement watching someone do it all wrong. :lol:

As of this morning it sits as above with the suspension arms installed.

"Have a little faith, baby. Have a little Faith."
Kelly's Heroes II. The Grandchildren At War?

Got filler? :lol:

Didn't like the way the butt joint was fitting up so I reinforced the seam on the inside with some round stock. Gaps filled w/ putty and will be cleaning up in a couple minutes w/ some alcohol and cotton swabs.

This is going to be a far cry from some of the masterpieces cranked out by some of the armor masters here, but feel free to follow along is you are up for some amusement watching someone do it all wrong.

Welcome to my world! I know just how you feel, despite building for so many decades.
I'm going to have a blast watching this!

Back