• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

IJN FUSO "LAYING THE KEEL"

MrT

Master at Arms
Staff member
I have really been having the urge to go to sea with my modeling, but finding the right project has been the hold up. Yesterday my search ended when I received my digital copy of the battleship IJN Fuso in 1:250 scale. Yes I said digital copy because this model is made of paper. All I have to do is print out the parts I need and go to work. If I mess up all I need to do print out more parts. A modelers dream really. To give you a feel for the size of the model the hull when finished will be 32.5 inches long. That's right nearly 3 feet. Since this is a paper model there won't be much painting. This is going to be about construction. Lots of folding and rolling. As soon as I can gather the supplies I need I will start.

I just love these Japanese battleships with their pagoda superstructures. The Fuso had the unique claim of having the tallest superstructure ever built at the time. The model will windup being nearly 10 inches tall when completed. I'm really looking forward to this. I hope I can pull this off. Here are some pictures of a finished model. Really cool stuff.

Terry :woohoo:

580017082_o.jpg

fuso1.jpg

fuso5.jpg

Re: IJN FUSO "NEW PROJECT"

Greetings mmmmiiiiiittttteeeerrrrr T;

..... Nice selection on the model. The Fuso was on one of the nicest looking ships
..... that the IJN had..... (y) .... I was thinking about getting the 1/350 scale model kit,
the price in the States for the model is about $300.00 dollars.... :( .... After the expenditures
on the USS Arizona I will have to wait tell later to get this one.

Historical Fact: The IJN Fuso was built by the British, for the Japanese Navy..... .

.... good Luck, talk to Saul, he has some good information on building paper models

Mike

Greetings mmmmiiiiiittttteeeerrrrr T;

..... Nice selection on the model. The Fuso was on one of the nicest looking ships
..... that the IJN had..... (y) .... I was thinking about getting the 1/350 scale model kit,
the price in the States for the model is about $300.00 dollars.... :( .... After the expenditures
on the USS Arizona I will have to wait tell later to get this one.

Historical Fact: The IJN Fuso was built by the British, for the Japanese Navy..... .

.... good Luck, talk to Saul, he has some good information on building paper models

Mike

Thanks Mike!

B)

WOW!!! You go boy! you don't want to do this in Shipbuilders though?

WOW!!! You go boy! you don't want to do this in Shipbuilders though?

I didn't think I would get it finished before the time was up. Besides I have another project for the that build.

;)

Dang, I think I am going to buy stocks in the company that owns Elmer's glue. Their sales should be sky rocketing.

I think I am going to buy stocks in the company that owns Elmer's glue. Their sales should be sky rocketing.

I would recommend Gator's Grip Hobby Glue instead as it is an acrylic as opposed to cellulose contact glue.

Regards,

Historical Fact: The IJN Fuso was built by the British, for the Japanese Navy.....

Wasn't that the Kongo? Fuso was built in Kure, I think.
The Fujimi kit is great. I have both the Fuso and Yamashiro in the stash, but I'm to chicken to start them.
They are among my most treasured kits ever, together with the Kongos. Life has been great for fans of WWII IJN lately.
Almost every Japanese capital ship has been released in the last ten years. Only Huyuga, Hiei and a new Musashi missing!

Good luck, MrT! That paper kit looks great!

Yeah I love these ships. I hope I can pull off the paper model.

Terry B)

Historical Fact: The IJN Fuso was built by the British, for the Japanese Navy.....

Wasn't that the Kongo? Fuso was built in Kure, I think.
The Fujimi kit is great. I have both the Fuso and Yamashiro in the stash, but I'm to chicken to start them.
They are among my most treasured kits ever, together with the Kongos. Life has been great for fans of WWII IJN lately.
Almost every Japanese capital ship has been released in the last ten years. Only Huyuga, Hiei and a new Musashi missing!

Greetings Denstore, & Ship builders;

..... You are correct... I had my ships mixed-up. Thanks for keeping
me honest ..... (y)

.... .... ...

Be cool.

Mike

Back