• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

IJN FUSO "LAYING THE KEEL"

Re: IJN FUSO "NEW PROJECT"

Greetings Terry, Guys, & Gals;

..... Since you have the top down LD, you need the side view, (starboard).

Enjoy .... :D

.... HMIJNS Fuso .... .... ....

.... Top down, color ....

.... Have a good weekend.... May-haps, some new work pics of the USS Arizona next week.

Mike

The work begins by building the framing. Each part is made of three parts laminated together to gain a 1mm thickness. This is done to obtain the proper stiffness. Here are some progress pictures. Comments and questions are welcome.

Terry B)

DSC07989.JPG

DSC07983.JPG

DSC07982.JPG

Wouldnt a couple of sheets of card stock be more stable than regular paper? Will be an interesting watch.
:popcorn
James

Wouldnt a couple of sheets of card stock be more stable than regular paper? Will be an interesting watch.
James

I'm using card stock. Has to be thin enough to go through the printer.

B)

James

B)

I've been thinking about gluing the printed paper to plastic card, and then cut out the parts using the paper as a guide.
Might be the only way to get a 1/350 Queen Elizabeth and Queen Mary without starting completely from scratch.

I've been thinking about gluing the printed paper to plastic card, and then cut out the parts using the paper as a guide.

Hi, I've done something similar with Avery (the brand I had available) full sheet clear labels:
222857411.jpg

I actually bought the 8.5 x 11 inch labels for printing store signs but the glue was visible when it dried as I mounted them into the store front window frames. My inkjet (now I have a laser) didn't print well on cellophane as the ink beaded up.

Regards,

James

B)

Might be the only way to get a 1/350 Queen Elizabeth and Queen Mary without starting completely from scratch.

Well since all I need to do is print out more parts it just seems easier.

Terry B)

Terry B)

Oh, it was of a hypothetical discussion, following onto the discussion on strengthening the hull.

As you say, if you need to get more paper parts, they are only a push on the printer away.
But if someone would like to use a paper model as the basis for a plastic model project, the described method ought to work nice.

Terry B)

Oh, it was of a hypothetical discussion, following onto the discussion on strengthening the hull.

As you say, if you need to get more paper parts, they are only a push on the printer away.
But if someone would like to use a paper model as the basis for a plastic model project, the described method ought to work nice.

I also know that some people have replaced all the paper parts with plastic. How cool would that be.

B)

Greetings Terry;

Just a thought....... :silly: .... Over all it might be
easer to buy the paper model kit from the manufacturer.

..... The model is printed on card stock. You cut out the parts,
and glue them together.

.... :D .... :woohoo: .... :idonno

Mike

Greetings Terry;

Just a thought....... :silly: .... Over all it might be
easer to buy the paper model kit from the manufacturer.

..... The model is printed on card stock. You cut out the parts,
and glue them together.

.... :D .... :woohoo: .... :idonno

Mike

Yeah but if you screw up you're done.

:D

Greetings Terry;

..... Yes, you have a point. But, is this not what all of us have
to deal with when we make a model ..... ?

I do not want to be a Ass hole, but the bottom line is.....
Lades prated you did not here this.

" No balls, no air metals". Remember nothing is free, For every thing
you do, you are going to pay a price .... :fencing .... there are no
free rides.

Like I said before ......... talk to Saul.... he has some good information
about working with paper models.

Mike

Greetings Terry;

..... Yes, you have a point. But, is this not what all of us have
to deal with when we make a model ..... ?

I do not want to be a Ass hole, but the bottom line is.....
Lades prated you did not here this.

" No balls, no air metals". Remember nothing is free, For every thing
you do, you are going to pay a price .... :fencing .... there are no
free rides.

Like I said before ......... talk to Saul.... he has some good information
about working with paper models.

Mike

What the hell are you talking about?? I think you need to spend more time building and showing us your expertise and less time trying to be the expert on everything. Maybe I should just let Saul build the model. I'm sorry if you feel I have an unfair advantage. Well that's just tough. Let's see some Arizona building and a whole lot less Arizona research on your part. People will take your "advise" a little more seriously if you complete a build instead of just talking about building.

:D

Ok let's move on with this really easy build. I have been working on the hull framing. The hull is made up of four sections of which I have completed three. It's slow but "easy" work. No real mistakes (just print more parts). Here are some pictures. It is already outgrowing my work space. Thanks for looking and comments are welcome.

Terry B)

DSC07990.JPG

DSC08003.JPG

Back