• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

IJN Egg-Kagi Aircraft Carrier Vignette

hc524f94.JPG

Stained Tub. It's coming along.
I haven't thought of a way to incorporate tin foil yet. :rotf

Thanks for looking in!

Cake of soap, yes! Samuarai rubber Duckie? Not yet. Sake bottles, cup underway.
h8c26689.JPG

hf400311.JPG

Built one bottle, Used a piece of sprue to shape for bottle #2.

h56a532e.JPG

Brass bosses, and fire up the country-bumkin lathe!

hcac3bb3.JPG

Filling & sanding the bottle made from tubing was more complex that just shaping a solid styrene hunk. I don't need 2 Sake bottles, but I want 2!

h708d02b.JPG

One bottle & a really bad cup, with the soap cake, for the edge of the soaking tub.

h6133ee1.JPG

Egg-Kagi permanently attaced to the base. Initial Egg-Doffin placement.

hacd45aa.JPG

"Hello! Front desk? Something strange is going on in my Tub!" Lots of detals to add still. I hope to have this finished in time for Hobbytown, Ankeny's model show on 17 November 2018.

Thanks for looking in!

Mike wants Samurai rubber duckies for the tub.
I thought too many toys would distract from the appeal of Egg-Kagi & TLAR's Egg Dolphins.

h4951843.jpeg

Hmm. :idonno
:hmmm

Ducky can sit on the edge or beside the tub. Gotta give him the headscarf thingy. :ro:

:drinks

Half a lifetime ago, Sweet Models made caricatures of IJN Fighter pilots in Cat-figure form.
Warrant Officer Sadaaki Akamatsu was renowned for his capacity for Sake' and his tenacity as a J3M2 Raiden pilot.

h54a06dd.JPG

I shamelessly copied and reduced the artwork from the Sweet Models kit to label the bottles for IJN Egg-Kagi's batht

hb317cb8.JPG

I'm ridiculously pleased with myself! One more coat of Future and I stick 'em to the edge of the Samurai Bathtub!
I hope ALL modeling is fun. If it wasn't, we would do it for a living, and find some boring, inane activity for a hobby!

Thanks for your kindnesses and your attention!

Love the label and the bottles are cool. I still pull out the Sweet kit just to get alaugh.

:drinks

The soap. bottles, cup, and Samurai Rubber Ducky go on the tub rails, Opposite the egg-dolpins.

Back