• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

IJN Egg-Kagi Aircraft Carrier Vignette

hf483aac.JPG

Working on the following Sea base. I finally found a use for the Alum-a-lite clear resin I bought.
It IS notorious for curing slowly. We'll see then, won't we?

hb88d22c.JPG

Initial Egg-Doffin Family paint. Touch-up, clear coat and Archer Fine Details decal eyes to come!
:drinks
:gogo
:yipee

Today's Model-silliness!

had956ce.JPG

hb6b8f97.JPG

h03a21fb.JPG

h5f87c9e.JPG

Archer's eye decals ROCK! I applied them the same way I do my aircraft & TLAR Models ships.
Drop of water on the Egg-Dolphin, pause, float the decal off with a damp paint brush. Once you get the eyeball where you want it, set these with a wee bit o' Future.
Eyeball decals do NOT like Solva-set!!

It's like they are looking right at me! :mpup :rotf

It's not silliness if you're giggling while you do it. :ro:

These are the finished product. They DO NOT come painted or filled/sanded :bang head to perfection.
I DID have a really good laugh and fine Drinkie when at LONG last I made a mold that worked, with the Egg-Doffin Family.
Uncle Dolphin has green eyes. He's ME!

Egg-Kagi underway.
hce9d4f2.JPG

I made a sheet of clear resin water...........

h984fe5d.JPG

h3db2ad2.JPG

h6b30bc5.JPG

Attached and trimmed it to fit. Just a "Shake-down" cruise to check the fit. Plenty of fine-tuning to do, but you can see the Course Egg-Kagi is on!

That's awesome but what happened to your cutting mat?

Oh I see, that's the clear resin standing on end. :facepalm

Thanks Skinny!
THAT Is egg-zactly the reaction I hope for everywhere Egg-Kagi is seen.
Our increasingly impersonal World needs a good kick! Right in the funny-bone from time to time!
It is an honor and a privilege to do my humble part! :rotf

Yep, Pup! I poured the clear resin on plastic wrap and it took on the contour of the Saran wrap.
A happy accident!! You can heat the clear resin and shape it with a low-intensity heat source.
I'm planning to stop smoking soon. I don't know what I'll use after that! :idonno
:yipee

Back