• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Ideas ?

paddy

This is a full size Alfa 8C 1933 Its covered in square head bolts which are lock wired

vehicle_ad_standard_image_1fbb7b1a771df66ba198f10a8528a7f9.jpg

On a model at 1/12 these would be about 1mm across, i cant find anyone who does square bolts and i doubt i could drill a .3 mm hole through them if i could, the Kit ( Italeri) would need about 50 of these

You can see them better round the grill
vehicle_ad_standard_image_9d0a76c547b246e5fd4c6ceaa0592461.jpg
DSC_4100.JPG

On the kit they are not even marked

Anyone got and bright ideas ? Best i have come up with is a very small slotted round rivet with the wire laid through the slot this filling it and them painted ?

By the way...this is me planning before i start, something that just never happens normally :)

That's a real possibility thanks Bob, would still have to slot them or drill a hole, i will see what the international shipping is like.

vehicle_ad_standard_image_7cbc468375c2db37d76c1d99eb413e39.jpg

Over the back of the seat and rear fender here...

These are 14bs screws with some wire laid through the slots that i just rigged up, i wonder if i fill the slot with a little thick CA and thn paint them red ? TBH they are so small that without glasses i doubt you would see they are round and not square.

DSC_4104.JPG

The bolts from Model Motorcars are for the 1/8th scale Pocher kits (of which I have a couple) Didn't know about the square head bolts on the Alfas, but then they are old Italian spaghetti cars, so who knows what they were thinking.

After your take on the Bently and Porche, I am looking forward to seeing what you do with this Paddy!

Thanks Paul, i am going to go to town on this one. Try and use what i have learned from the Bentley and expand on it.. i will start a thread when i have gathered a bit more info, in the mean time i found this :) Which is actually a great source of info if you freeze frame bits :)

Jay Leno has and shows all kinds of cars on his channel.

I have one of these kits in my stash. It isn't an easy kit as I built one of the Spider Touring cars many years ago. It is stored in a box and needs a real heavy disassembly/rebuild to get it closer to correct.
Pocher-Alfa-Romeo-8C-2300-Monza-1931-K71.jpg

That's a weird way to safety bolts. If the wire breaks at any point it all comes undone.

Last edited:
It doesnt really make sense because if these are nuts and bolts you need to get to both to tighten, i also note that they are all flighted so they must have held both ends to get the holes to line up bolt to bolt for the wire to be straight ?#

20911_1467184356_resized_dscn5378 z.jpg

I think i need to start a thread on this so all the info stays in one place incase anyone else wants to use it on their own build.

Last edited:
I don't think they are bolts you tighten down, I think those are studs you attach the wire on and the wire holds down the body part that is attached. I think the bolts are just alignment points and the wire secures it.

I think you are spot on Bob, thats why they all line up, you cut the wire and remove the panel in seconds.:vgood:

Back