• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

I like winged things too - great new game

Brokeneagle

Master at Arms
Hello flying thingy people :)
I have an affinity for wings as well , especially me 109's. I just picked up a great new game - I know a lot of modellers are also gamers so I thought i would drop this in here. I think you will be interested anyway even if you are not a gmer just to see where games have elevated to (sorry about the pun).
I took these photos of the TV while I was playing the game of IL2 STURMOVIK- actual game play footage of various 109's over Stalingrad 1943 and Korsun pocket 1944. Also a P51D in the Ardennes (while I was trying to fight a squadron of 262's :unsure: ).They don't do the realism and color justice though!
The graphics are obviously better than the photos as the TV screen highlights geometric shapes when photographed as well as taking out the 3d . Still they are good enough for you to get an idea and maybe check out the game - highly recommend if you like realistic ww2 dogfights and ground arttack. The maps are about 60 -70 square miles and totally detailed. You can also cimb to 12000 ft (that's as high as i HAVE GOT SO FAR ).
ENJOY :evil:
GETTING LACED -UP OVER THE GRAD BY FLAK WHILE CHASING YAK1's
me109E3A.jpg

me109G6A.jpg

me109G6B.jpg

me109G6C.jpg

me109G6D.jpg

P51DA.jpg

Cheers :laugh:
Ian.

Is that the PC game? IL2 STURMOVIK has been out a long time, even I have it on the shelf with several of the expansion sets.I have a set of Thrustmaster Cougars with about an inch of dust on them, if I dust them off, there goes modeling bench time. I could get lost for hours on those games. But the screen shots looks different, is that on an Xbox or something?

hah! the last time i chased allied planes was on an amiga500 in "battle of britain" - what a difference in GFX compared to your shots ian!

i move this thread to hot gossip though! ;)

FANTAbulous~ too bad my time is already limited as it is.

I wonder if the game allows for re-skinning... I would love to fly in a a sharkmouth!

Regards,

I know when I was flying you could reskin them. I never did but there's a whole bunch of folks out there dedicated to making new skins and scenery. I'm not sure if this is still the top of the line in FS.

The one I really enjoyed was the old 1942 Pacific Air War, PAW. You not only controlled your flight but your fleet. You could have taskforce and send out SBD searching for the Jap fleet or if you were close to land you could send your land based bombers out for search. Once you spot them you send out a strike force, then either watch from above or hop in any aircraft and take control. It was Total Immersion in the game play. don't know if it was ever developed any further. It was unplayable on a Pentium system which is a crying shame.

Re:I like winged things too - great new PS3 game

Yeah, a great time waster. Probably why i am not finishing models at present.
This one is on the PS3 and is a upgrade to the PC version apparently.

i HAVEN'T PLAYED ANY OTHER FLIGHT SIMS EXCEPT EUROPEAN AIR WAR WHICH i THINK WAS THE SAME PEOPLE.

Re:I like winged things too - great new PS3 game

Yeah EAW was the next incarnation of PAW but did not have the immersion factor as PAW did. But there were tons of user developed patches and addons. How many times did I user Gabby's Jug to take down Gunther Rall, running in indestructible mode that is... :mpup

I used to have every flight sim game that came out. But after working in a real flight sim for a few years and flying almost every day the computer console games just no longer do it for me. Maybe I'll have to try again some day.
James

I forgot, the MOST KEWLEST one I ever had was the LongbowII AH64D. At the time I had some Monster video cards SLA together and it rendered huge framerates. You could park the thing up next to a ridge, pop the radome up over and take a sweep. ID the target, prioritize and even hand off some to your wingman. Once the firing order was set. Launch the hellfires then pop up again and let the radar sweep one more time to update just before impact. Don't know how accurate that avionics was but it sure was fun!

Fantastic graphics,far cry from the Atari 2600!!I would love to still be playing computer games,but only so much time in a day.

Back